Where To Buy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Where is a good place to buy a DBS system? When I move I'm looking for the best price but I don't know if I want E* or DTV.

Is there any free PVR from E* at the moment?

Who are some of the best people to deal with on the net and can they have it installed with the deal if I live out of state from the dealer?

Thanks.

Roger, Dishdepot.com is very good. Many, including myself, have purchased from them.

E* does offer the free DVR 510 deal right now, if you commit for 2 years. You own the equipment, but these new units do have a monthly charge depending on your programming.

Well what is the standard installation method on rented property or an apartment? Do the landlords often have a fit about DBS?

angiodan said:
Roger, Dishdepot.com is very good. Many, including myself, have purchased from them.

E* does offer the free DVR 510 deal right now, if you commit for 2 years. You own the equipment, but these new units do have a monthly charge depending on your programming.

It is a 1 year commitment for 1 510 and 2 years for 510 and 301 I believe.

Different landlords have different policies but, by law, landlords cannot deny you to put up your dish, but can deny you from attaching it to their building.

So would a pole mount cost entra or is that part of the standard installation?

Roger said:
So would a pole mount cost entra or is that part of the standard installation?

Pole mounts are not part of DTV or Dish Networks standard free installations. They are usually about $40-50 extra(pole, cement, labor etc.).

We have done some non penetrating roof mounts on apartments, landlords generally have no problem with them. You can buy the mount yourself and have the installer put it up for nothing. I have also seen many installations on decks if they face south, using a five gallon pail with a pole cemented into it.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

I've seen an install on a freaking tri-pod! I didn't stop and look at it but it looks like there are only a few stones over it at best.

I was a Dish customer and went to Directv because of their DVR. The Dish series 500 has only one tuner, while Directv's tivo has 2. That means you can't watch live TV while you're recording something with the Dish DVR, but Tivo will do it.
There are also plenty of other features to automatically record your programs with Tivo that Dish lacks.
And Tivo is easily expandable unlike Dish, you can add a second HD very easy, so you can have plenty of extra space to record whatever you like.
For new subscribers, the best price I got was around $70 for a Tivo + 1 normal unit for the bedroom, and there was a shipping rebate promotion. PM me if you're interested, I can dig the link and send to you... It was the best deal I saw for any Tivo capable Directv package.
I hope this helps.

Anonymous said:
I was a Dish customer and went to Directv because of their DVR. The Dish series 500 has only one tuner, while Directv's tivo has 2. That means you can't watch live TV while you're recording something with the Dish DVR, but Tivo will do it.
There are also plenty of other features to automatically record your programs with Tivo that Dish lacks.
And Tivo is easily expandable unlike Dish, you can add a second HD very easy, so you can have plenty of extra space to record whatever you like.
For new subscribers, the best price I got was around $70 for a Tivo + 1 normal unit for the bedroom, and there was a shipping rebate promotion. PM me if you're interested, I can dig the link and send to you... It was the best deal I saw for any Tivo capable Directv package.
I hope this helps.

Sorry... Didn't see I wasn't logged. That was me above...

new Directv Tivo deals

Just got an e-mail from the place I bought my package a while ago...

Their prices are now lower and they offer new promotions. I tought on posting the deal here so somebody could benefit on it... Unfortunately I can't, since I already bought... darn, prices always drop after I buy something... :rolleyes:

They have now Directv Tivo packages for new subscribers for $49.99, and this includes the Tivo receiver + up to 4 extra Director receivers (of course, you choose how many) + a 2-LNB antenna. You can upgrade to a 3-LNB antenna (good for HDTV, btw their HDTV packages are also cheap) for $20 more or, if you live in a new Locals market it's free. Install is free, of course.

With every new subscriber package they are also giving:
- 3 months of free HBO
- FREE DVD PLAYER

Here are the links from the e-mail:
tivo promotion page
dvd promotion page

I missed it, if you aren't with Directv yet there's no better deal.
Enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)