Where to find faceplate for 6000?

cameron119

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Anyone know a good place to find a replacement faceplate for a Dish 6000. I want to get rid of a cracked faceplate.

The plastic piece itself is in pretty good shape. There is a small crack that could probably be fixed pretty easily. If I could repair it without there being any hint of damage, I would do it. Any advice on how to repair the crack? Fabricating a new piece would probably be a bad idea, as I could never make a piece that would fit as well as the original product.

I also have a leased 811 that I could "borrow" a faceplate from indefinitely--but that's just not my style. Screw Dish too much on these leases and we won't ever see them again.

Fixing cracked plastic is almost never easy, but not seeing it, I really can't say.

I would just get a similar piece of plastic, drag out the moto-tool (Dremel), and work on it until it matched. Not hard, just time-consuming - but then again, I used to paint miniatures, sometimes with a single-hair brush. :)

Occasionally someone will put up a damaged unusable 6000 on ebay. You may get one there, but the shipping alone would make it more than $30.