Dumb Newbie 811 Remote Question

lborges

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
811 installed yeaterday morning.. Live in the SF/Bay Area... So far so good.. HD is great on both Dish and local channels. I receive non-digital local channels via Dish and figured out how to show the low local channels on the guide but cannot figure out how to jump to them using the numeric pad. Using the number buttons, I can punch in 140 and go to ESPN, punch in 300 and go to HBO, etc, However, when I punch in 2, 4, 5, etc (analog channels) nadda.. It remains are the previous channel. Do I need to configure something, or do I have to use the 8000 # for local channels.. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

lborges said:
811 installed yeaterday morning.. Live in the SF/Bay Area... So far so good.. HD is great on both Dish and local channels. I receive non-digital local channels via Dish and figured out how to show the low local channels on the guide but cannot figure out how to jump to them using the numeric pad. Using the number buttons, I can punch in 140 and go to ESPN, punch in 300 and go to HBO, etc, However, when I punch in 2, 4, 5, etc (analog channels) nadda.. It remains are the previous channel. Do I need to configure something, or do I have to use the 8000 # for local channels.. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Try 002, 004, 005 etc. :)

NightRyder

Taking it a step further, you really need to press 0021, 0041, 0051, etc. If you only press 002, you will go to the Dish Local channel 2-0. You want OTA channel 2.1, which is 002-1 on the 811.

You can also add the OTA digitals to a favorites list. You can create one specifically for OTA, if you wish.

If you haven't already done so, you should choose to display Dish Locals as 2-99 using the "Display Options" setup in the Local Channels menu. That way, you can see local program info next to the OTA locals. Unfortuantely, it doesn't help with VCR timers, and is completely useless for our OTA digitals that show different programming than their analog counterparts, such as KQED and KRON. For those channels, you should set up a personal guide at www.titantv.com.

Maybe, someday, Dish will figure out how to add program info for OTA channels on the 811. Word on the street says they're working on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)