Where to go for good price comparison of satellite equip?

LinuxGuy

Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
I am looking to buy a satellite service with the equipment. I am looking for a good deal. Can anyone point me to the right website? I have tried to browse on sites like www.PriceComparison.com, but was not realy targeted for satelitte equips... please help.

LinuxGuy

What info are you wanting specifically?

DBS, Cband, DVB/FTA?
Hardware reviews?
Service provider reviews?

I have all 3 and can say if you are looking for a whole house solution then that means DBS. All 3 DBS providers offer great deals with little or no money out of your pocket. Make sure you know which are rentals and which you OWN!

Of DBS there is V*, D*, and E* of which I would say D* is the most stable with the widest variety of services. V* has more HD, but is on somewhat shaky ground. E* provides a nice service also and is 99% exact to D* but whose receivers can tend to be on the buggy side.

D* is recognized as having the better customer service, but I always say that can depend on your issue and who you talk to, and on what day. I have never had any issues with D*, but I have had numerous issues with E*.

All 3 providers have switched or are switching to their own brand/lines on receiving equiptment, I do not like this and never have. I think it limits innovation and allows to many cheap receivers out into the market. At least with D* you can still find GREAT used receivers that are made by more reliable companies, but not for long; D* is switching to MPEG4.

I hope this helps out for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts