Where to put Hopper/Joeys

JavaJohnson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2004
Am getting a 1h/2j system installed tomorrow to replace my 622 receiver. I have 2 HD tvs that I want to have independent viewing, and two other older tvs that are watched infrequently and I plan to mirror with a modulator

My Question is about where to place the hopper. Would it matter if I used the hopper on the older tv sets, and the Joeys on the HD sets? It seems strange to put the main receiver on the SD set, while the nice sets get the thin client Joey. But does it matter? Is performance any different?

Thanks!

Also consider the future. Put your receivers in locations with HDTVs are most likely to be upgraded to HDTVs. I had a customer the other day have me install a Joey in his basement at the wiring junction so he could theoretically mirror that Joey anywhere in the house. Just SD, but about the only way around it for the Joeys.

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll just put a Joey at my main TV, and the hopper at one of the older TV's. Does anyone know if the hopper can output a 480i signal over the component jacks? And is there component as well as a composite output? I might be able to get away with not modulating but running 3 RCAs to the mirrored tv (R/W/Y), and using the component for the old SD tv, if the hopper supports a 480i component output. Is there more than one set of audio outs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts