Where's all the FTA suppliers, with parts in stock?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok, I usually don't whine and complain lol but I had to shop three different suppliers yesterday and today for what I consider common FTA items.
A KU lnb, an SG9120B motor, and a 4x1 switch. One former sponsor of this site called after I placed an on line order and only had the switch, no motor til February! So the motor I ended up getting on Fleabay. The lnb wasn't an issue as it was a spare. The diseqc switch is coming from another former sponsor. Guess I'm spoiled and like one stop shopping and would rather deal with someone other than Ebay. Saving on shipping is a nice idea too. No one place stocks the common parts. I appreciate Satellite Av and what Brain does and I'm not wanting to include him. Although I don't think he stocks the motor. Is it just me or are others having this problem too?

I was shopping a positioner yesterday. Can't find a GBox or a VBox-X anywhere. Finally got a VBox 7 off Ebay. A lot of sites have very little in stock.

I know what you mean I have been looking for a GBOX or VBOX for a spare, and they are real hard to find.

I noticed a couple months ago, that the V-box X's all vanished, and suddenly EVERYBODY only had V-box 7's... I thought that was odd...

Most of this stuff is kinda niche, perhaps more companies are not stocking as much as they used to due to the economy.

Anyone who's ever had to fill out a Schedule C knows stock = inventory and you PAY income tax on inventory.So unless you have something that moves fairly well,you don't want to keep stuff on the shelf just to have.

slump?

I've recently checked the Sadoun site for products he used to stock.
(motors, controllers, band-stacked LNBFs, etc.)
All missing.

There was a niche part I wanted last week, so I searched.
Best deal was a former hack site.
Few of the traditional legit sites/suppliers had 'em.

I'd have thought there would be Xmas sales.
Maybe the FTA industry is on hard times.
'Bout the only bright stars are SatAVs S2 receiver & PLL LNBFs. ;)

Anole I agree. Sadoun and Galaxy both. I don't want to pick on any one supplier but a few years ago the parts seemed to be everywhere. I try and keep an extra lnb for Ku and Cband around. I usually keep an extra motor and a handful of switches. Seriously thinking of trying to find at least 2 of each now.

I recently bought a 380 motor from Sadoun - got it right away. It is shown on his web site as I write.
Bob

Last edited:
Most of this stuff is kinda niche, perhaps more companies are not stocking as much as they used to due to the economy.

I would think the lower economy would be better for fta as ppl get sick of paying $200+ cable and sat bills for channels full of one sided liberal news and viacom's filth just to put on nick or Disney to shut the kids up.

Last edited:
I would think the lower economy would be better for fta as ppl get sick of paying $200+ cable and sat bills for channels full of one sided liberal filth just to put on nick or Disney to shut the kids up.

That may be so, but I'd bet many of the people running the stores, are small one or two man operations, and probably don't have that much capital to keep stocking stuff. Here on this site we see non-stop info about satellite, and FTA satellite and it seems like big business, but most people if asked would say: "FTA satellite, huh, what?"

That may be so, but I'd bet many of the people running the stores, are small one or two man operations, and probably don't have that much capital to keep stocking stuff. Here on this site we see non-stop info about satellite, and FTA satellite and it seems like big business, but most people if asked would say: "FTA satellite, huh, what?"

Yeah, that's probably true. Maybe some one should spread the word and sell a recession package, small dish, sd receiver, RTV, TUF, PBJ. that's all any one needs old tv, man tv, and kids tv. :)

If FTA becomes too popular the hobby will be doomed. Local broadcasters don't want you watching out of area channels. The pay services want your monthly subscription fee. If FTA starts putting a significant dent in their revenue they will see to it that all channels are locked down. They have lots more money to spend on lobbyist in Washington than we do.

So in other words they will continue to dig their own grave?

Locking down FTA channels just means that piracy will have to act as a substitute. And pirated copies don't have commercials.

If they don't want ad revenue from my viewership then that's fine. They can go ahead and encrypt their sh*t. It won't stop me from watching it for free.

I never understood why broadcasters wouldn't want our business from the commercials they show. I see it as additional revenue from the FTA folks. There's money to be made from FTA by suppliers and broadcasters even in this economy. It was sad to say but I had money to spend but I had trouble finding the parts. I'd rather give it to someone that supports the hobby rather than someone unknown on Ebay.

yes very true.Ten days ago I went to buy one lnb for the 97 west and the place are full .And all buy small dish and internet wires for 97 west 55.5 west no did you no.

I drop by the sat shops here once in a while to check stuff out if I'm in the area, for linear ku-band most places have stock, 90cm dishes and small dish and circular lnbf's easy to find. Crap receivers are easy to find, or more like hack receivers. For c-band stuff if I need anything from what I know rpssat is the only place that has basically everything in stock, kusat use to have some parts as well. So for fta I guess Montreal is a nice place to be :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts