Where's the locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aikoentp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Peoria area Central Illinois
After a Dish move from San Antonio,TX to Kissimmee, FL Tech aimed Dish for 61.5, 72, 77. I have HD. I do not get locals at all, not even on the EPG. Tried several hard and soft boots, waited for and received latest software, still nothing. Are Orlando locals coming off of one of these Birds? I need my locals for the network channels and can't get staight answer. Tech blames Dish, Dish sends another Tech. I am a tech, admittenly out of the game for a couple of years but I still have some know how and don't like the run around.

Orlando is on the 61.5 sat and your main hd channels are 5160 - 5163 for Abc,Cbs,Nbc,Fox. On transponder 3 /spotbeam 12. Are you sure you even have the locals subscribed?

You need to call DISH and ask them #1 if you are subscribed to Orlando locals and if not turn them on.

Also #2 check under menu for local channels and see if you have the channel display enabled for Local sat channels and for DISH hd channels . IF not then do so. This will put your local sat delivered channels appear in the low channel numbers and not at 5160 range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)