Which Birds?

NIdaho

Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
North Idaho
I am thinking about upgrading to HD from Dish (currently a SD Dish customer). I know that for the SD service for North Idaho (Spokane, WA local channels) I receive signals from 110 and 119 satelites. If I want to upgrade to HD, I have been told that I will need another dish for an additional satelite.

Can anyone tell me as to which bird I need to have a veiw of?

The problem is trees (douglas firs and ponderosa pines). I need to figure out if I have a spot where I have a clean line of sight. I thought it was 148, but I just checked and it says that there is no longer a bird at that position. Is it the 129 slot or the 121 slot.

Thanks

Thanks thats what I thought but couldn't confirm it.

As for the Dish 1000 -- My friend said that when he went to upgrade to HD last year about this time. the installers said that he had to have a second dish. SOmething about they couldn't make the superdishes work in this part of the country. He ended up with DTV with a single dish.

I have been a Dish network subscriber for 13 (?) years -- not too many months after they first started. Started with a Model 2000 receiver. I later bought a Model 508 (not an upgrade from them). Still using the 508 today. WWhat is the best way to go about getting an upgrade? Which model do you recommend? (I was thinking the 722)

Well if you want the second OTA module to watch/record two OTA channels at once the 722k I would recommend. The 722 is what I have and love it! Me personally, I wouldn't wait for the 922 and would go with the 722.

I am thinking about upgrading to HD from Dish (currently a SD Dish customer). I know that for the SD service for North Idaho (Spokane, WA local channels) I receive signals from 110 and 119 satelites. If I want to upgrade to HD, I have been told that I will need another dish for an additional satelite.

Can anyone tell me as to which bird I need to have a veiw of?

The problem is trees (douglas firs and ponderosa pines). I need to figure out if I have a spot where I have a clean line of sight. I thought it was 148, but I just checked and it says that there is no longer a bird at that position. Is it the 129 slot or the 121 slot.

Thanks

As others said you need 129, but you can also get HD off of 61.5, now the difference here is changing from a Dish 500 which is pointing at your 110 and 119 to a Dish 1000.2 that will alter the skew to hit that 129 sat. But the issue your prob going to run into is the tree's since the 129 is at a lower elevation of 23 degree's unlike the higher 30-36 that the 110 and 119's are in which is why these larger 1000.2 dishes look like they are nearly vertical. Go out infront of your dish now and look slightly to the right of the 119 and drop about 15degree's in elevation and you might be able to "eye ball" it... if it looks as if tree's are going to be in the way you can just get a 61.5 put in which puts you into a elevation of around 43 degrees and often clears most tree lines and will get you your HD's. The 61.5 will result in a 2nd dish put up and a single line run off a single LNB run over to your existing Dish 500 into the input port of the DPP Twin and then only require a check switch run to get it set and a package upgrade to the HD's. Many places have HD locals coming in on 129 but as you said yours are already coming in on 119 so you don't have anything to worry about either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)