Which connections to use on Dish 1000.2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott17

Original poster
Mar 27, 2018
AZ
I just bought a new "Dish Network 1000.2 & Satellite Finder Compass - 110, 119, 129 Satellites High Definition Dish Triple DPP LNB" to install at a vacation cabin with a Hopper (no Joeys) feeding 1 TV only. I am unclear on which connection or connections to use from the 129, 119, 110 & multi switch in options. The provider seemed to indicate that I should just RG 6 it from the 129 port direct to the Hopper but other forum posts I have read suggest more than 1 or all 3 (excluding the 4th multi in) via a Node or DP44 switch to the Hopper .... any guidance would be appreciated. Novice language please :) Will be in Arizona.

The item is in transit so thanks for the link. Reading pages 2 & 6 I think I can just run one cable from port 1 to the receiver box.

No, you need two lines from the LNB to a solo node, then 1 line from the host output to the receiver, otherwise, you won't get tuner 3 and you'll be missing channels. You can run out of any of the 3 outputs on the LNB, but use 1 and 2.. I use a jumper on port 3 to point the dish in

Reactions: harshness
Thanks HipKat, that makes sense ... the jumper on port 3 you mention is to a temporary finder compass during install correct ?