Which dish configuration is best

karlgo

Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
I presently have a two dish (Dish 500 @ 119 and Dish at 61.5) installation and want to know if this is the best or would be better to request 1000.4 antenna install?

I am going to take advantage of Dish's Dish Mover program for moving into a new home.

Presently I have two dishes one is pointed at 110/119 and the other pointed at 61.5. We needed to do this because trees inhibited using a 1000.x type dish, my neighbor tried a 1000.2 and only had problems. I live in the St. Louis area and will be getting the locals here

If the horizon is fully clear, what would you recommend that I ask for of the Dish installer? Can I "strong arm them" toward my requested dish? For example is I would want a 1000.5

Please let me know your thoughts.

Karl

If there isnt a reason to install something else they wont.

No LOS issue equals standard installation...and really you if that is the case the standard install will be just fine.

Yes, if your current dish setup is working and gets you all the channels you subscribe to, you would probably end up having to pay to upgrade the 322 to a 222 or 222k receiver (1000.4 installs require all MPEG-4 compatible equipment). If LOS issues mandate a change to a 1000.4 the installer can sometimes get Customer service to waive the upgrade fees.

If LOS issues mandate a change to a 1000.4 the installer can sometimes get Customer service to waive the upgrade fees.
Thank you - that is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Thank you for the insight.

It is good to know what you might be able to push for without a charge

THANKS!

I have a 522 and 722. Since the DVR fees are waived on the 522 I do not want it swapped with MPEG-4 equipment to be EA only.

They told me that even if I get a different receiver to replace the 522 that I would still get the credit but don't know whether to believe that or not. What I ended up doing was used a 1000.2 and used the dish input on the lnb to go to 77. This allows me to receiver SD locals on 129 on the 522 and HD locals on 77 on the 722.

I have a 522 and 722. Since the DVR fees are waived on the 522 I do not want it swapped with MPEG-4 equipment to be EA only.

They told me that even if I get a different receiver to replace the 522 that I would still get the credit but don't know whether to believe that or not. What I ended up doing was used a 1000.2 and used the dish input on the lnb to go to 77. This allows me to receiver SD locals on 129 on the 522 and HD locals on 77 on the 722.
Wow will this is great to know as I do have an extra dish to aim at 77.

I wish there was some way to influence getting the dish like the 1000.2 from the installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)