Which Dish Will I Get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TV Junkie 12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Arkansas
I just did an on-line chat with Dish to get my Little Rock locals (such as they are) in HD-new commitment and no charge. I'm assuming that I will get a single Dish looking at 77 as opposed to a 1000.4 but since I have a Dish 1000, I will probably need to get a 1000.2 in order to have a port available to connect another LNB. Can anyone speculate what I'll end up with? As usual the CSR gave me no answer other then to say that I needed to be able to receive 61.5-which of course is wrong.

By the way, to put the order in they have to remove my DVR advantage and current locals (and guide data) until the new dish is installed on Friday. The CSR said that was the only way the order could be processed.

At least the whole thing is free.

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't understand a whole lot about any of this, but I think we'll be getting a 1000.4.

I called Thursday and was told the same thing....that I'd lose local channels, and guide, etc. until the new installation on Monday, but as of yet we've not lost anything. Maybe I should call them back and make sure they have us scheduled.

Has your locals or anything went out yet?

BTW, we're up in Searcy.

You're lucky if you still have the data. My locals and guide data went away before my on line chat was finished. No big deal for me since I'm in Greenbrier I can get everything OTA. Losing some timers will be the biggest inconvenience. The advantage will be greatly improved quality for ABC since KATV is feeding the Dish reception point in Little Rock directly instead of looking at it on the KWBF sub-channel with it's high amount of compression.

I'll be very interested to see what we get for a dish.

I just got my 7200's replaced with 625's. I plan on getting a new tv for Christmas. I was going to just upgrade one reciever to HD. Can I get HD locals on one and standard on the other?

I'm in the Little Rock area and I already had a 1000.2 but got a single 500 pointed at 77w. I don't know of any 1000.4's being installed in Arkansas... I have heard reports of them from just about every other state though.

Hope you guys in Arkansas will followup and tell us which Dish they install. I am in Benton and have a 110-119 Dish 500 and a single 61.5 Dish 500. I don't want another Dish 500 for 77 W. I had rather buy my own 1000.4 and install it myself.

Hope you guys in Arkansas will followup and tell us which Dish they install. I am in Benton and have a 110-119 Dish 500 and a single 61.5 Dish 500. I don't want another Dish 500 for 77 W. I had rather buy my own 1000.4 and install it myself.

If not a 1000.4, you could always keep your Dish 500 that is currently at 61.5 and re-align to 77w, get rid of the Dish 500 to 110/119 and get a 1000.2 for 110/119/129. I know it isn't a perfect solution, but in the absence of a 1000.4, it'd be the next best thing.

I ended up with a 1000.4

After one false start yesterday I ended up with a 1000.4 here in central Arkansas. The initial order was for a wing dish and a DP44 but the tech (VERY cool guy from Southern Star) saw what a wiring job it would be. In addition to being stuck with an inferior Dish 1000, I have my dish pole mounted with PVC conduit containing two runs of RG6. After determining the extra wiring that would be needed to install the DP44 on the house near where the wing dish would be, he asked if I would rather have a 1000.4 dish mounted on the pole I already have-which I did. Southern Star got the work order changed and he returned tonight and installed the new dish. The tech said that he believes I have the first 1000.4 in town.

As Scott mentioned in his review of MPEG4 SD it does look 'different' not better or worse necessarily but 'different'.

The MPEG4 HD is great though.

Thanks for the followup info on the 1000.4 installs in the Little Rock DMA. I am going to have an online chat to see if I can get a 1000.4 for the HD locals to replace my 61.5 and 110-119 setup. I have DP44 in the attic so the changeout should be pretty simple. Did you Little Rock folks get the full extended program guide (including the local SD and HD channels) for both the satellite and and OTA channels?

By default if you are an existing customer with a 1000.2, the Dish Network system is going to setup a work order for a wing dish to 77W (it's easier and cheaper for Dish). Even with notes on my account from a Dish Network retention representative requesting an Eastern Arc single dish solution, the installer (Southern Star) showed up twice without a 1000.4. Your only guarantee to avoid a wing dish appears to be either a new customer or have a line of sight issue with the second Dish.

I just got the 1000.4 dish installed Saturday. I have noticed that the KATV audio is off just a little. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there anything that can be done about this? It was a hassle to get this installed. The tech had to get my work order changed also. I currently have the vip722 hooked up to the 1000.4 dish and I still have a 522 standard def dvr hooked up to my old dish. Hopefully all of the locals will be added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)