Which E* HD Channel Has The Most Room For Improvement?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

db2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
MN
Which HD channel do you guys feel could be a lot better than it is? What could make it better? Better content, less repeats, better PQ??

IMHO I would nominate Worldsport HD and/or Animation HD.

I would like to see Worldsport HD secure more U.S. distribution rights for LIVE events (like they do for CFL and Spanish Premier League). I have to believe there are a lot of HD sporting events in the UK and Japan they could get.

I would also like to see Animation HD offer more classic cartoon programming like Dick Tracey and Mr. Magoo. Any other programming from Hanna Barbera or Warner Brothers??

What does everyone else think?

I am not a gamer but, for the life of me, I cannot understand the appeal of the CinemAddict channel. Not trying to be rude, but I would really be interested to know if anybody actually watches it.

I would say TNTHD has the most room for improvement, but I think I know how to resolve the problem...

:eureka IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE WIDESCREEN VERSION OF A SHOW/MOVIE/COMMERCIAL, Puh-LEEEEASE DON'T STRETCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eureka

I am not a gamer but, for the life of me, I cannot understand the appeal of the CinemAddict channel. Not trying to be rude, but I would really be interested to know if anybody actually watches it.

I watch the tournaments and Gamespotting, which has reviews of new games, but the CinemAddict show sucks.

Starz HD

Starz HD has the most room for improvement, since that is a Platinum or pay for channel. :p Should be higher priority than Voom. What's off is that Food HD and HGHD look great. Give Starz more bandwidth please!
This from a new DISH subscriber, just switched from Comcast.
Very happy otherwise :D happy I jumped in. Yes, we have a strong Seattle Comcast lineup too...but I did have audio dropouts on Discovery, INHD and CBS with Comcast. Oh yeah, a very flaky Moto 3416 too... Those days are over...
Bring on the HD RSN's :hungry: :rolleyes: ;)

Well, I don't have much history behind this one, but so far, A&EHD. Great potential here, but not great execution. Let's have all HD (especially since most of the shows on this channel were shown in HD somewhere else first). Am I wrong here or does this same company own the History channel? Because if so, I'd love to see some of those programs in on this channel...

Agreed! Haven't seen a good rant for awhile

Anything VOOM.......

on the whole topic of how Rainbow Media, after the demise of VOOM Satellite, and the rebirth as provider of programming, was going to really pump a lot of new content into the Voom channels.

Remember all the dedicated forums just on Voom programming?

Maybe as a relatively late subscriber to Voom Satellite (only with them their last 6 months) I never had time to feel the repetition. Too busy discovering HD and all the choices.

Now, I have really become tired of the repetiton. RAVE is the example I think of most often. Usually only a couple of new features a month. Maybe the other Voom channels are doing better? Oh well, I still love E* and need to get over it....

Cinemax-HD could use the most improvement. When I watch it right now, it is a blank screen. I see nothing. The opportunity to actually see this channel would be a huge improvement.

The Movie Channel-HD could use improvement. Actually seeing this channel would be a huge improvement as well.

Cinemax-HD could use the most improvement. When I watch it right now, it is a blank screen. I see nothing. The opportunity to actually see this channel would be a huge improvement.

The Movie Channel-HD could use improvement. Actually seeing this channel would be a huge improvement as well.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahah

I would say TNTHD has the most room for improvement, but I think I know how to resolve the problem...

:eureka IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE WIDESCREEN VERSION OF A SHOW/MOVIE/COMMERCIAL, Puh-LEEEEASE DON'T STRETCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eureka
I still can't believe that after all these years TNT is still acting like a newbie. Its really bad when they show show in Strechy vision when HD copies have existed all along. NYPD Blue and numerous movies come to mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)