Which Harmony for 622?

mitchfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
I was wondering what models of Harmony remotes will work with the 622. I assume only certain ones will operate the DVR functions. Amazon has the Harmony 628 for under $50 but I'm not sure it will work. Would like to avoid spending over $100.

Thanks
Mitch

Actually any Harmony remote should work with the 622, but you will have to re-assign some of the buttons, like skip-back and skip-forward, for example, which are missing on the 628. You can always take advantage of the 6 custom buttons though.

thanks for the feedback guys. what about the 688? it about $20 cheaper than the 676 currently on amazon.

mitchfx said:
thanks for the feedback guys. what about the 688? it about $20 cheaper than the 676 currently on amazon.
I love my H688. It has enough buttons and works great with the 622.
However, if your fingers are big, you may find its buttons to be too small for your liking. ;)

It appears the 520 is widely availible online but the 525 is much harder to find. Anyone know what's different about them?

Aso, how do Harmony remotes handle switching video inputs on TVs that require you to CYCLE trough inputs instead of a numeric input? Does it remember the last input that was used and activate the INPUT action X number of times?

Thanks,
Mitch

I wanted to spend less than $100, too. Several times. I've got plenty of remotes that almost work. I ended up with a Harmony 880. It would have been cheaper in the long run to have just bought it first, but of course, it wasn't for sale when I first started looking.

The 880 is best for HT use. And my JVC D-ila set normally "cycles thru" inputs, but does not have to. There are codes that will direct it to the specific input you want in one step. I suspect your set is the same. Harmony has all that on line, pretty much invisible to you if you wish. It just works. You tell the system what gear you have, what is plugged in where, and it will turn on the right equipment, to the right settings.

Make very sure you look over any potential remote, for a button for each purpose. Most especially, make sure there is a button to be remapped for the skip ahead and skip back functions. On my 880, I use the >>| and |<< buttons.

I have a 520, 720 and 680. As mentioned they will all work with the 622. I think the 680 works best with my 622. The labeled buttons match up very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)