Which HD channel would you prefer to be added?

Which HD channel would you add next?

• BBC HD

Votes: 147 37.4%
  • History International HD

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • Military Channel HD

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Another sports HD channel

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Something else (please specify)

Votes: 101 25.7%

• Total voters
TCM HD is my choice.

I would have said PBS HD, except that it is a 'local' rather than a 'national' channel. I am very tired of waiting for DISH to add PBS HD to its lineup. Comcast has it ...

TCM-HD by far, IFC-HD, BBCA-HD, AMC-HD but without all the commercials, Sun Dance, and never to forget the Voom channels (World Cinema, Film Fest, Kung Fu, Monsters, and Gallery, RIP). Doc and some of the Encore and Showtime additions would be nice after these. Let's drop many of the commercial-ridden channels like Bravo, Lifetime and its Movie outlet, and even TNT with TBS only slightly less annoying in recording size.
-Ken

By far, my preference would be any of my local channels in HD. (Still no announced date for my area; sigh.)

Considering only national HD channels, any movie channel would be great!

Equator-HD was my favorite ... but unlikely ever again. So I have a choice of Smithsonian (don't know why it left) or ESPN-U. So I go with Smithsonian ... just because it is not available except in HD.

Getting my Stinkin' locals in HD. DirecTV has had them for 2 years. I know, I know....soooooooon.

Some of my most favorite channels were on VOOM (like World Cinema HD, for example).
But they don't exist any more. Dish Network killed them... :(
Still, getting the remaining two VOOM channels would be nice though.

Other channels that I would love to see in HD:
1. IFC HD
2. Sundance HD
3. Arts HD
4. NASA HD

whatever happened to that (rumoured) ESPN HD Soccer channel to replace ESPN Classic?

Not gonna happen anytime soon. ESPN's soccer rights have decreased after losing UEFA Champions League rights to Fox Soccer Channel. So there wouldn't be enough to fill an entire channel's worth of programming.

So my vote would be for Fox Soccer Channel HD when it goes live in January 2010.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)