Please reply by conversation.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Have ordered 2 HDDVRs with my new install next Tuesday. I read in another thread that they have been bringing the old HR20's recently due to shortages of 21's and/or 22's. The downside is smaller HD but upside is the OTA tuner. Anybody with recent install experience or who knows what to expect?

Have ordered 2 HDDVRs with my new install next Tuesday. I read in another thread that they have been bringing the old HR20's recently due to shortages of 21's and/or 22's. The downside is smaller HD but upside is the OTA tuner. Anybody with recent install experience or who knows what to expect?
At Costco here they had STACKS of HR22s today. No apparent shortage there!;)

My last client upgrade from D* a week ago, was 2 HR23's - of which one promptly DIED 3 days later! :mad:
D* ended up sending her an HR22 to replace it, but it was a complete new unit, with all connecting cords, BBC's, etc...

I got 2 HR23s installed on 2/14. I asked the installer if he had any on his truck when he arrived and told him that I would prefer them if at all possible.

I have 1 Hr20 on my truck with no additions to our warehouse expected for 3 more days at least. :(

More than likely it will be an HR22 or 23, but it's certainly possible it could be a 20. It's all odds, and it's impossible to reliably tell

Just received an HR20 today and I am not at all happy about it. There's a reason a good number of them went back... I'm not a big believer in buying used anything just because the potential is there to inherit someone else's problems.

I was actually told by the installer today that he's had people in the past week ask what receiver he had in the truck and when he told them it was an HR20, they canceled immediately. If I hadn't already moved stuff around in the rooms I would have likely done the same. To me refurbs should only be used to swap out with defective units.

i love the look customers give when you tell them that:D

Bob The Customer "But I paid a bagillion dollars for it, what if I dont sign the lease?"
Earl The Tech "I rip everything out and go home.. oh btw you may want to call a roofer"
Bob the Customer "WHY?? In tarnations would I do that?"
Earl the Tech "When I take your HD Dish down you will have 10 holes in your roof"
Bob the Customer "HA! @#$@le you not going on the roo... who are you calling?"
Earl the Tech "Sheriff, so I can collect my stuffs"

Bob The Customer "But I paid a bagillion dollars for it, what if I dont sign the lease?"
Earl The Tech "I rip everything out and go home.. oh btw you may want to call a roofer"
Bob the Customer "WHY?? In tarnations would I do that?"
Earl the Tech "When I take your HD Dish down you will have 10 holes in your roof"
Bob the Customer "HA! @#$@le you not going on the roo... who are you calling?"
Earl the Tech "Sheriff, so I can collect my stuffs"
ROFLMAO, do you speak from experience zynergi?

Gotten close a couple times... the customer finally realized I wasnt joking and signed. I usually go over the paper work after I do a survey to prevent that type of confrontation.. but forget every once in a while.. to much crack I guess :)

Yes I know....lease/buy....theoretically I have put out money for a product and when I do that, I avoid used. Sound better? :)

Do that many people STILL argue over the whole owned/lease thing? Hell, when leasing went into effect 3/06 it made me think twice about going that route but when I did, I wasn't an ignorant a-hole! Now on the other hand, I do remember getting into it with the installer over wall-fish/pole mount after D* had told me I wouldn't be charged. (In the end the installer got his money +$50 tip while D* reimbursed me the entire amount. Ahh the golden days of News Corp...)

The worse customers about leases are usually ones that have been sat customers since primestar and have been with D* since.. "I seriously need to stay with D* for 24 more months???" no one told me that.. </rolleyes>

Usually about poles and wall fishes .. when a customers asks d* for some stupid reasons CSR's are afraid to flat out say "yes that is charged" instead they say.. "that wont be a problem" or just yes we do them and leave the answer way open for interpretation...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)