Which Installer Would You Recommend?

storm2517

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I've decided to sign up for DISH and given the advice of friends and message boards, it seems to be a good idea to avoid installation directly from DISH network. Which retailer would you recommend for a new system? I'm considering AllSat...Does anyone have any experience (or horror stories) with them? I greatly appreciate the help and this is definitely the most informative forum I've found. Thanks for the help.

-Eric

storm2517 said:
Hi Everyone,
I've decided to sign up for DISH and given the advice of friends and message boards, it seems to be a good idea to avoid installation directly from DISH network. Which retailer would you recommend for a new system? I'm considering AllSat...Does anyone have any experience (or horror stories) with them? I greatly appreciate the help and this is definitely the most informative forum I've found. Thanks for the help.
-Eric
I've worked for a Dish network RSP and there are many people on here that work for RSP's and DNSC's and I don't think that you will have anymore of a chance of getting a bad install than if you went with a retailer but it is always a good thing to support these retailers out here that are trying to make a living and can usually spend more time with you personally and give you better customer support.

Ask around and find a retailer with a descent name in your area.

It may be the area your in that dictates wether you get a better install from a dish network employee or from a sub contractor. I can tell you that in michigan, northern ohio, and northern indiana that the subs outright suck and give a bad name to the rest of the industry. However it may be diferent where you are at and what I would do is just look around to see who has dish and how the work looks outside, if the fittings on the cables are brass with blue rings then most likely the work was done by a dish network employee, anything else would be from a sub contractor.

The above is all good advice, but if you'd say where you were, you might get some specific answers.

As for AllSat, IIRC, they are jsut an online dealer that uses DNSC installers - all the national internet ones do that. Make SURE you stay away from VSC.

Look in the phone book, no 800 numbers or internet sights, if you're in the Omaha area feek free to pm me I'd be more than happy to help you out. I believe Simplesimon is in Colorado.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts