This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Which is best for newsfeeds AMC9 or SBS6?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wxman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
I have one dish on IA6 for newsfeeds and wish to point a second dish to another bird with newsfeeds as well. What is the better of the two AMC 9 or SBS 6 ?
Also if anyone has information of a continuous signal on each bird I could use to "guide me in with the dish".... that info would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies to the foregoing post.

Regards to all.

I would say AMC 9 just watched the V.P. come out of the hospital live on a feed there a few hours ago! Just my opinion, for sports feeds I would go more for SBS6.

Thanks for the info Peter. Checking the lyngsat site I don't see any lising of a continuous broadcast on AMC 9. Are you aware of such a signal that I could use to "hone in" on the bird?

Thanks again for this and all your other help over the past couple of weeks when I first got set up.

There is a NBC Test Card there.......

AMC-9

H

You can also try

AMC-9

H

You should see some NBC bars and tone there.

Have fun!

DJH

Hey guys, thanks loads for all the help and input. Just came in from outside (30 deg F out there) and am now watching the NBC News AMC-8 2F test pattern. Nice signal on that satellite compared to Intellsat 6 which is somewhat weaker. Not that hard to find the "birds" now once you get the hang of it. Remember my first day of frustration Peter trying to find the first satellite!! Thanks again to all. What a fantastic forum!!

Oops...better make that AMC-9 (not 8) 2F transponder. My fingers are still frozen from being outside and could probably type more efficiently with boxing gloves on at the moment.

wxman1 said:
Oops...better make that AMC-9 (not 8) 2F transponder. My fingers are still frozen from being outside and could probably type more efficiently with boxing gloves on at the moment.
Time for a motor.

I second that...use to "ghetto" move my dish in the dead of Minnesota winters (0 and below).

Motor makes it much better

Status
Please reply by conversation.