Best 2 Ku Band Sats for one fixed Ku dish?

Hyper Casey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 1, 2010
Mi
Just wondering what the opinions are for the best 2 Ku Sats to point at assuming one fixed 90cm Ku Dish with a 2 LNB Bracket? Or 3 sats with a 3 LNB Bracket

For those wanting to watch english language programming, not international stuff.

Im thinking 99W for the PBS Mux + 103W for the Muzak and the Cozi/NHK/Loop TV etc..

Opinions?

I really like the "orby" mux at Eutelsat 117, assuming these are still ITC. Plus BYU i think is still there?

Some really good channels there, BUT

what would be the 2nd or 3rd sat on that one fixed dish?

117W Ku.png

With those restrictions, the above is the only answer.

I know many don't like motors, but with the limited amount of programming available on Ku now, you really need to have the ability to point your dish at all satellites that you can see from your site. With the same 90 cm single dish and a motor, a person can add to the above:
  • Reuters feeds (129W)
  • CNN feeds (87W)
  • BYU and AWE Encore channels, plus another 14 English channels (117W)
  • Veterans channel (105W)
  • English movies and English news/documentaries (97W)
A motor really rounds out the FTA experience.

Thanks for the confirmation on the Orby mux and BYU, much appreciated.

Totally agree cyberham. A motor gives you the total Ku Band experience.

But H-H Motors are REALLY hard to find these days, and a motor can be difficult to install for some people.

So i am really trying to find out how to make the best recommendations for those who only have a fixed dish and want to get the most or best channels for that situation using a multi lnb bracket.

Reactions: cyberham
Thanks for the confirmation on the Orby mux and BYU, much appreciated.

Totally agree cyberham. A motor gives you the total Ku Band experience.

But H-H Motors are REALLY hard to find these days, and a motor can be difficult to install for some people.

So i am really trying to find out how to make the best recommendations for those who only have a fixed dish and want to get the most or best channels for that situation using a multi lnb bracket.
Come up North on a day trip, and take the 4ft and 6ft Prodelin KU dishes I have. Or just the 4 footer. Put it on a polar mount for an old 6ft dish, and you really have something then. You are only about 75 miles away, and it's expressway the whole way with only about 2 miles of side road...

Thanks for the offer Mike, but i can't use them. Got all i need already, no room for more (according to the wife). But maybe i can stop by some other time just to say hi. lol.

Reactions: primestar31
For those who like religious programming including BYU, Conservative news and cool AWE Encore, you could point a fixed dish at 117W, then add a second LNB for 123W. At 6 degrees separation, it would be an easy shot.

123W gives Daystar, Daystar Reflections (enjoyable background video/music) and also has two all music 24/7 announcer-free music channels (EXRN).

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

For those who like religious programming including BYU, Conservative news and cool AWE Encore, you could point a fixed dish at 117W, then add a second LNB for 123W. At 6 degrees separation, it would be an easy shot.

123W gives Daystar, Daystar Reflections (enjoyable background video/music) and also has two all music 24/7 announcer-free music channels (EXRN).

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

That is a good suggestion. I think many who like the Eutelast 117W line-up would like the additional channels of 123W. Even though it is only a few channels, it is family friendly channels like those on 117W. So solid plan to point a fixed dish on these 2 sat's for sure. Need to work out a list of all the channels one would get by pointing one dish at these 2 sats.

Thanks cyberham, that is a good list of channels for sure. 117/123 is a great option.

We really gotta re-think this (what 2 sats) if Muzak is leaving 103.0W for 101.0W.

99/103 or 97/101?

:popcorn

Reactions: c-spand