which is the best PC Tivo ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Snipr4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
yeah I know the HD Tivo is the best, but I'm asking about a PC Version of Tivo ? I've seen various others on Ebay but which brand works the best.

TIA

And none of them will record DirecTV channels. So, why is this in this board?

However, the popular ones seem to be Freevo or MythTV. Both are Linux-based. Microsoft has that Media Center for PC.

Hong.

MY BAAD !! I assumed they would record any TV signal besides HD

good to know

As long as the receiver that you hook up to the D* has a coaxial out put you can input that into a PC TV tuner cards such as the ATI All In Wonder or many others. It will record the D* signal because your D* receiver has already decoded the signal. So it is very possible to use D* with a PC TV tuner/PVR card.

Bob

Thanks for the info guys & here is what I came up with. AccessDTV its a PCI card you install into your PC and you'll be able to save & record HDTV signals as well as analog.

$199.95 Total Solution Digital Media Receiver, software, antenna, cabling

More Info:

Recommended System Requirements
Following are recommended requirements. These will permit you to gain optimal performance from your accessDTV software and hardware. In considering your system requirements, note that you will need about 9GB of free disk space per one hour of program content to be recorded.

Pentium III 500 MHz or faster
Windows 98, 2000, XP or ME
128MB RAM
Open PCI slot with bus mastering
16MB Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) video card
CD-ROM drive

Way to go Ralph I'm glad you found a package that you can use. I know that there are many more out there but that one should work fine for you.

Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)