Which is wich of the two Dish antennas?

EuroTrash

Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
I have Super Dish (500)? - I think... One one I get all my programing (110 119 63.5 - two out of these three) and on the second I get only SOME (not the major networks but real local channels)...

I decieded to go back to cable (bigest decision part was ISP instead of DSL, gave up Local Phone all toghether with VoIP, but large part was no HD/DVR lease and no local channels in HD). As a "deal" that they are offering I can get my normally $102 a month service (was $95 with Dis but on one reiever this will be on two digital ones - so cable is cheaper!) I get it 3 months for $70 outright (being ex Satelite customer) or (I took this deal) I get 3 months for $60 if I give them antenna and reciever. My reciever is 520? DVR but oh well.

Only question I have is which Dish TV Antenna do I give them - I'd like to give them the one for just Local channels (No.VA - DC area) not the one I was getting all the programming from.. How do I tell the difference? Thanks!

Be careful with the LNB and Receiver! Unless you own them Dish will want them back - and if you don't return them in the alotted time they will charge you several hundred dollars penalty!

EuroTrash said:
I have Super Dish (500)? - I think... One one I get all my programing (110 119 63.5 - two out of these three) and on the second I get only SOME (not the major networks but real local channels)...

I decieded to go back to cable (bigest decision part was ISP instead of DSL, gave up Local Phone all toghether with VoIP, but large part was no HD/DVR lease and no local channels in HD). As a "deal" that they are offering I can get my normally $102 a month service (was $95 with Dis but on one reiever this will be on two digital ones - so cable is cheaper!) I get it 3 months for $70 outright (being ex Satelite customer) or (I took this deal) I get 3 months for $60 if I give them antenna and reciever. My reciever is 520? DVR but oh well.

Only question I have is which Dish TV Antenna do I give them - I'd like to give them the one for just Local channels (No.VA - DC area) not the one I was getting all the programming from.. How do I tell the difference? Thanks!

Wow. First, there is no SuperDISH 500. There is a SuperDISH and a DISH500. A SuperDISH provides service from 110/119 and 105 OR 121. DISH500 provides service from 110/119. There is no 63.5 location. You probably mean 61.5. They is usually serviced by a DISH300.

Second, there is no 520 receiver. There is a 501, 508, 510, and 522.

geobernd said:
Be careful with the LNB and Receiver! Unless you own them Dish will want them back - and if you don't return them in the alotted time they will charge you several hundred dollars penalty!

Excellent point. If you have a 522, that is almost certainly a lease and is OWNED by DISH Network. I believe the penalty for that receiver alone is like $300.

I guess I am slightly off on all my numbers (being at work here not at home) but still - that does not cahnge the big picture and question I had - which dish is wich...?

I know for a fact that I owe my reicever - it's DVR and I got it as upgrade a year ago for free (commitment of one year to DishTV). Doesn't really matter on the model number - Cox cable is going to get it. I know I have two antennas, one for all programing and other added for free by them (I am prettu sure I than owe both of them) so I can watch local progamming...
I think I have 500 for 110/119 and second dish for 61.5. How do I know which is which - does it say 500 on one only? Or are they the same?

Thanks.

Strongly suggest you call DISN Notwerk to verify that you own the equipment. For 522 dishes and switches you could easily be in debt for $500.

boba said:
Strongly suggest you call DISN Notwerk to verify that you own the equipment. For 522 dishes and switches you could easily be in debt for $500.

DISN Notwerk? It's awful early on a Friday to be drunk already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts