Which of these receivers are still usable?

mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
With the price increase, I am going to either get rid of Dish or Charter. I have Dish on one side of the house and Charter on the other.

I was digging through my closet and found my old Dish receivers which I could use to replace Charter, if they are still usable.

I have:

Since I haven't been keeping up with Dish for a long time, can any of them be added to my account?

The 501 and 301 are currently being authorized with purple cards. Probably within the next year they will be phased out but if active on your account should be replaced with a current similar receiver.

The 921 was discontinued as a result of the TiVo law suit. It is only usable now for OTA DIGITAL reception and I believe needs to receive a DISH signal to even get those channels.

The 501 and 301 are currently being authorized with purple cards. Probably within the next year they will be phased out but if active on your account should be replaced with a current similar receiver.

The 921 was discontinued as a result of the TiVo law suit. It is only usable now for OTA DIGITAL reception and I believe needs to receive a DISH signal to even get those channels.

What are the 301's being replaced with?

I have a 2700 on my account...

True, though "near future" may be defined as "sometime in the next three to eight years" depending on how quickly they want to get rid of all the old MPEG-2 encoding.

Well once the new equipment charges go through , there should be plenty of receivers sent back to DISH that they won't have to change out to mpeg 4. Might be what they intended all along. All the subs getting mad and exchanging them for 211ks or drop them all together , reducing the amount of receivers that will have to be changed out to mpeg 4. This would be the fastest way to accomplish it. Piss off your subs making them drop all the excess boxes for you and then DISH saves $$$$$. In fact if you send one back ,Bob said they will charge you $15.00 a box to send them back . So DISH makes more $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Good point, another way to get legacy and non8PSK and MPEG-2 receivers off of the market but at the customer's expense in some cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts