Which one?

SPower

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
Fallon, NV
I currently have Dish TV......wally receiver with a king vq4550 dish. I am very unhappy with the king dish, doesn't get a strong signal even though it's out in the open and if it gets 3 drops of rain it has total signal loss.
I was looking at the winegard playmaker as a possible replacement? I don't want the winegard pathway x2, it's to bulky and pricey.

Any thoughts on the playmaker? Or is there another one?

TIA!

Dish is selling many different devices now, which you can get off of MyDish.com (Scroll down to Order from Store). The Playmaker 2 single - $249.00, Playmaker 2 Single HDTV - $299.00, Tailgater 4 - $299.00; Tailgater Pro - $349.00, Tailgater 4 HDTV - $349.00, Playmaker 2 Dual HDTV - $349.00 and the Tailgater Pro HDTV - $429.00.

I've sold the Tailgaters, a Tailgater 4 to a customer that was a friend's father and he loves it! Used it all summer, where ever they camped. I helped a guy setup a Playmaker 2 in his motor home with a new Wally and it was a breeze. That was the only outdoor device I've ever setup myself

Thanks, but I'm trying to get feedback aka reviews on the playmaker vs the king, some say they all work the same, I just don't know. I used a king dish with DTV and it always worked fine. The king I have now with Dish is an under performer to say the least.

Thanks, but I'm trying to get feedback aka reviews on the playmaker vs the king, some say they all work the same, I just don't know. I used a king dish with DTV and it always worked fine. The king I have now with Dish is an under performer to say the least.
I'm guessing there's a reason why doesn't sell the King

Reactions: pattykay