Status
Please reply by conversation.

(((Garyd)))

Retired C-Band dealer
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
diamondsatellite@snet.net
OK I'm a old FTA satellite dealer, who has not bought any new receivers in years, and I'm replacing a receiver for a customer who uses it for RTPI
Cost is a issue so what would be good to pick up on Ebay it can be used, but i want blind search
My old DMT 1000 will not get the qpsk chs i need to get as much as i can on 805 it's a fixed dish

Thanks for looking
Gary Diamond I'm in CT.

if you got one to sell you can PM me

thanks does that mean any of the FTA that was used for hacking will work to get qpsk, or that coolsat 5000/6000 only will do it

those should be dirt cheap, since there is no market for them anymore, i assume.

Not all of the receivers used for hacking are equally competent. The Coolsats, Pansats, and Fortecs are the best of the bunch of older boxes.
Coolsat 5000/6000
Pansat 2700/3500
Fortec Mercury II
Traxis 3500
Visionsat IV200

These should be preferred over other brands.
:)

The Coolsat 5000 & 6000 are fine receivers, but they have a crappy signal meter.
Not the best for aligning dishes.
If you're doing the job, you probably won't have trouble, but for the unwashed, any other receiver might be easier.
And if you get the Coolsat, go ahead and install this aftermarket firmware on it; few nice improvements.

I agree with Brentb on his list of receivers.
Over the years, there have been many happy and few grumbling users of those units.
They all have blind scan, though once you're set up, it doesn't sound like slow or fast scan really matters.

Yea, no sympathy for using too small a dish. ;)

I'm using a 7 foot orbitron dish, at one time back in the analog C-band days i had about 3,000 C-band fixed dishes then when RTPI went on dish i lost 99% of that business but they still use them for the radio CH plus i do have a few on the KU version of their ch

i dont want to change this thread. but wanted to say thanks to anole. i didnt know where to get the beep tone upgrade but thanks to you i know have it. much appreciated:)

... i didnt know where to get the beep tone upgrade but thanks to you i know...
I just found it by reading the forum.
And like it share it with anyone getting a Coolsat 5000 or 6000.
They're good receivers, made even better by some fellow who decided to give it a few tweaks. ;)

Garyd said:
...still got a 12 BUD at the house...
Now, we're talkin' ! :)

I only sold 6 foot dishes best for what i needed at the time, i was doing it, i could buy G5 fixed systems used for dish, LNF, used receiver for $35.00 plus $15 for shipping then resold them for a $200 bought them by the trailer load each week, of course the bigger the better, the joke is we started now with 18 inches and we keep getting bigger again LOL
That was then, it's a new world today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)