Which Receiver to Get

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

neadisher

Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Jonesboro, AR
I am thinking about adding a second receiver. I can not decide if I should get a 722, a 612 or a 211k. I will be leasing.

I have 2 HDTVs and 1 SDTV in the house. I currently have a 622. The SDTV is currently just used for video games. The 622 is connected to the 2 HDTVs. One of the HDTVs is hooked up to TV2 on the 622. I want to have a HDDVR on the 2nd HDTV and I will connect the SDTV up when I add the 2nd receiver.

I do know that the with all three receivers Dish will add $7 a month to my bill and if I get the 722 or the 612 Dish will add another $5.98 for the DVR fee. It looks to me that paying $40 to enable the DVR on the 211k and $100 for a HDD would pay for almost 2 years of DVR fees. Is there any reason to get the 211k that I am not seeing?

Since the montly fees will be the same with the 722 and 612, why would I want a 612? I will have either one hooked up so that it can get to Internet.

Thanks for the comments ahead of time.

The 211 only has one tuner so if you want to record two shows at once or watch one show while recording another, the 211 will not do the trick for you.

The 612 will only allow an output to one television. If you keep phone lines connected to your receivers all the time then the 722 is the best bet since it gives you the option for that second tv output and has a larger hard drive which allows for more hours of recording. If you cannot connect the receivers to the phone line/broadband connection then that is the only way that the 612 will have an advantage for you as you would save the $6 additional outlet fee on it. 612 is pointless for most people to have.

I'd go with 722 if I were you.

I would go with the 211K. You can add a 1TB EHD and have more capacity to record and you do not pay a DVR fee with it. You pay a DVR fee with the 722. The 211k can record 2 programs at once, one on OTA and one on sat and its HD and also has an SD output to put on a second TV and mirror the HDTV.

Max hard drive size

I hooked up a 750GB hard drive to each of my two 211's. I was told that the max size was 750GB. Does the 211K have a higher max at 1TB? Does the 211k also have an internal hard drive that comes with the receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)