which Switch for DISH 1000.2 ??

Premier911

Original poster
May 12, 2010
colorado
I've got a 1000.2 Western that I'm getting conflicting info on. I have 4 HD TV's on four seperate Sat boxes. which Switch do I need. I've been told a 44 and a 34. I put a 34 in but I think it is giving me all the problems.... Thanks!

FWIW, I believe the 44 is more reliable. However, there are folks far better qualified than I to give you a definitive answer.

Here is the low down I got. If it's not right let me know - a 34 or 44 switch works. the 34 though can NOT use the combined triple head. you have to use the seperat threee head LNB with a 3 way yolk to attach it to. and you will have to run 2 wires to a Dual tuner. the 44 works with th ecombined head and only one wire required for a dual tuner. The 44 is the way to go. ( so I'm told - from the same company one guy told me to use a standard cable splitter and another that a 34 would be fine but none of the other info!!!)

Splitter idea was certainly wrong. As to the rest, it's beyond my knowledge - I'm not up to speed on the thousand series dishes/LNBs. And not too hot on the older, stuff, either! :haha

According to the installation manual for the 1000.2:

The DPP 1000.2 LNBF can be connected to provide
119°W, 110°W and 129°W satellite signals to a DISH
Pro Plus 44 switch. Refer to the instructions provided
with the switch for additional considerations and
instructions. Signal for a fourth satellite location must
be provided directly from the fourth satellite
location’s LNBF to the DPP switch. The LNB IN port
on the DPP 1000.2 LNBF must not be connected. In
this installation, the DPP 1000.2 LNBF defaults to the
following settings:
• PORT 1 - 119°W
• PORT 2 - 110°W
• PORT 3 - 129°W
• LNB IN - Disabled when DPP 1000.2 LNBF is
connected to a switch. When connected to a
switch, any LNBF connected to the LNB IN port
must be disconnected from the DPP 1000.2 LNBF
and connected directly to the switch.
Note: The DPP 1000.2 LNBF is NOT compatible with DISH Pro switches in any installation.

The manual may say that, but you should never hook up a DPP LNB to a switch. It will eventually fail. Use 3 singles or duals on the dish (a different bracket called a W bracket is required) and the DPP 44 switch. The bracket has the orbital locations marked on it so you can tell which one is connected to which input on the switch.

I hooked up 4 boxes once to a 1000.2 setup using a W bracket and 3 DP Duals, ran triple lines down and I trunked two 34 switches but a double line has to be run at that point to any box that is a dual tuner.... a DPP 44 switch would be the way to go for sure.

I have a 1000.2 run into a DPP44 switch for 119 and 110 and have a 1000.4 ran into the same DPP44 switch for 61.5 and 72.7 cause 129 is unstable for me because of trees and 77 doesnt really have anything for me.
My Atlanta locals are on 129 and 61.5, so i use 61.5 for locals on HD and all the other HD channels come from 61.5 and 72.7 together and i use 110 and 119 for sd so in essence i get 119 and 110 from a 1000.2 dish and 61.5 and 72.7 from a 1000.4 dish fed into a DPP44 switch and all is well plus i have 129 and 77 cables run but not connected in case Dish decides to do some more funky channel to satellite swapping i'll be prepared if it's not a new satellite location, but who knows with E* what there going to do.

Last edited:
Premier911 said:
I've got a 722 and three 211's is there a major difference between the 34 and 44 other than the 44 allows 4 inputs?

Definitely try not to use a 1000.2 lnb into any switch. Despite what the manual tells you, eventually the switch or lnb will burn out, i know i have tried and with in a week thr customer had problems. 3 singles or duals on a w-bracket designed for the 1000.2 dish works best.

As far as the difference between a 34 and a 44 is a 34 switch needs to run 2 cables to the dual tuner reciever ( leave out the seperator). On a 44 switch only 1 cable is needed from the switch to a dual tuner. But remember the power inserter must be installed onto the first output port of the switch.

Good luck.
DNS FSS2, Benicia, Ca.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts