Which switch?

Virus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
My install will be this monday. I have decided to use TV2 out of the 622 since I have an analog tv and I want to use the DVR. My current setup will be a 622 and a 211 with the tv2 out on the 622 going to my analog tv. I will be purchasing another hd dvr within the next 2 years. What switch will the installer need to bring? If the answer is the dpp44, is there any local big chains that carry it? I seem to remember the installer saying they were hard to come by.

yes you will need DPP44 switch. yes there was a short supply of DPP switches for a while, but now it's gotten better. but you going to have to notify CSR to put it on paper work when you call then. ( thats only one way we can get DPP44 sw out of our warehouse from now on as of Wednesday)

It might be hard to swing the DPP44. You currently don't need all the outputs, but will in the future when you acquire the second HD DVR. The built-in switch in the Dish 1000 will get satisfy your needs today by using a seperator with the 622. Of course if you aren't in a D1000 market, this doesn't apply.

It really depends upon whether they will let you plan for the future.

volkodav said:
yes you will need DPP44 switch. yes there was a short supply of DPP switches for a while, but now it's gotten better. but you going to have to notify CSR to put it on paper work when you call then. ( thats only one way we can get DPP44 sw out of our warehouse from now on as of Wednesday)

I'm going through a local retailer. How do I handle that with them?

Existing setup will be 3 TV's. 2 HDTV's and 1 analog. Receivers would be 622 and 211, unless someone else has a better suggestion.

for now you are good. but when you another ( 3 rd ) receiver then when you going to go to DPP 44 switch. but if you call local retailer directly tel them to bring one.

volkodav said:
for now you are good. but when you another ( 3 rd ) receiver then when you going to go to DPP 44 switch. but if you call local retailer directly tel them to bring one.

The local retailer doesn't have any and said they are extremely hard to get ahold of. It's going to be probably 2-3 years before doing my home theater room downstairs. He said that he after my 18 month contract was up he could do it and act as though I was a new customer again and give me the dpp44 at that time.

if it is that long till you finish home theater i think dish will have something else besides DPP 44 that would be cheaper and simpler.
just a suggestion make sure you run extra cables trough out the house before you finish it

volkodav said:
if it is that long till you finish home theater i think dish will have something else besides DPP 44 that would be cheaper and simpler.
just a suggestion make sure you run extra cables trough out the house before you finish it

I was going to run 3 drops at each location.

at my house I'm doing 4 coax and 2 cat-5 drops per room. and surround system speakers to main distribution box so i can mix and match speakers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)