Which team has the most spoiled fans?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Which fans of a certain team do you consider the most spoiled in sports?

If you ask me, I say Cowboys fans. Whether it was in the Tom Landry glory years or the 1990s dynasty years, I have always felt that Cowboys fans have been pretty spoiled over the years.

Hmmmm,
Last time I checked, he had 17.

Jimbo

And the last one came 75 races ago, which is about equivalent in NASCAR time to the last time the Yankees won the World Series...which reminds me that Jr. has 0 of the big trophies they hand out in New York.

( How many flames did I manage to pack into that paragraph? :D )

And the last one came 75 races ago, which is about equivalent in NASCAR time to the last time the Yankees won the World Series...which reminds me that Jr. has 0 of the big trophies they hand out in New York.

( How many flames did I manage to pack into that paragraph? :D )

Would you like a list of drivers that have went more than 75 races between wins ????

It's gonna be a long one ........................................

Jr would have a few this year already had he not had his typical string of bad luck and a**hole drivers to deal with (Kyle cough cough).

His dad went 20 year without winning the Daytona 500, although he won about every other race in Daytona.

Jr's wins will come.
Had Kyle and Carl not been bending the rules all year, Jr would be the talk of the year, he's been a pleasent surprise, averaging in the top 10, maybe top 5 but I'm not sure about that.
He's ran incredibly consistant this year.

Jimbo

Can we get back on topic?

Besides, to be spoiled, you have to be a fan of a team that constantly wins.

We're talking about someone who hasn't won in a while.

Hell, even Danica's won a race since!

Can we get back on topic?

Besides, to be spoiled, you have to be a fan of a team that constantly wins.

We're talking about someone who hasn't won in a while.

Hell, even Danica's won a race since!

You have to be winning to be spoiled ?

Well that leaves out the Yankees

Jimbo

Last edited:
You have to be wining to be spoiled ?

Well that leaves out the Yankees

Jimbo

Here's how I define the spoiled sports fan:

A fan of a team who's not only known nothing but success, but never went through the bad times.

Example: Fans of USC football since 2002 who didn't live through the bad times of the 1990s, other than that one fluke Rose Bowl season.

Jimbo's been watching hockey for a long time and he lived through the hard times- the Dead Wings era from Howe's retirement until Yzerman got drafted- so I can't call him a spoiled fan.

Jimbo's been watching hockey for a long time and he lived through the hard times- the Dead Wings era from Howe's retirement until Yzerman got drafted- so I can't call him a spoiled fan.

You are quite correct, I started following sports in probably '67 or so, to young to know for sure.

I know the Red Wings were not my team back then though, it was the Bruins, Booby Orr, Espo , Cheevers ect.
as I got a bit older I started to follow the more local teams, although I always followed the Tigers and the Reds in baseball.
Steelers and Lions in football.
Never got into watching basketball that much.

Lot of dead wings time, really picked up with the Wings in , about '79 or so when I graduated and found that I could not afford tickets.

Jimbo

Redwings.
All season long embarrasing empty seats seen plain as day on TV.
Probably more to do with the economy, but even in the west finals last season, there were empty seats.

A fan of a team who's not only known nothing but success, but never went through the bad times.

Example: Fans of USC football since 2002 who didn't live through the bad times of the 1990s, other than that one fluke Rose Bowl season.

All teams have gone through "bad times" at some point in their existence. The fans that claim to have allegiance to teams only during the successful times, thus being labeled "spoiled", is the wrong terminology to describe them though. Where I come from, I would call them "bandwagon fans" instead.......

Yankees fans that jumped on the bandwagon >= 1995. Wait, that's all of them :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts