Which TNT show cancelled in 2011 you missed the most?

Which TNT series got cancelled in 2011 do you miss the most?

• Total voters

shkarter1985

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Greenwood, South Carolina
To me the most was Memphis Beat (which starred Jason Lee of My Name is Earl fame as music loving detective Dwight Hendricks) eventhough it was filmed in The Big Easy (New Orleans, LA) due to tax issues with the state of Tennnessee (it takes place in Memphis, TN) with a great cast including Sam Hennings (as Whitehead), DJ Qualls (as Officer Davey Sutton), Leonard Earl Howze (as Detective Greenback), Abraham Benrubi (as Sgt. Lightfoot who dissapeared after season one withouth explanation just like Judy Winslow on Family Matters for example), Celia Weston (as Dwight's widowed mother Paula Ann), and Alfre Woodard (as the superior officer Lt. Rice). With ex-Ryan's Hope/Hardcastle and McCormick star Daniel Hugh Kelly in the recurring role of Dwight's mother's boyfriend Tony, who Dwight doesn't approved.

I used to watch this show religiously (I've seen all two seasons and 20 episodes total). When I've found out that Memphis Beat got axed (along with Hawthorne starring Jada Pickett-Smith and Men of a Certain Age with Ray Romano, Scott Bakula, and Andre Broughter) I was p.o. and I've sort of boycotting TNT just like women boycotted ABC over the controversial cancellations of veteran soaps All My Children (replaced by The Chew), and One Life to Live (replaced by The Revolution) that year.

I couldn't believe they renewed Rizzoli and Isles for another season. No offense for R&I fans. But, MB didn't deserved a cancellation, IMHO.

Falling Skies is the only TNT show I have watched.Liked it much better when Turner owned it.Same for TBS.

I do miss Men of A Certain Age. Memphis Beat was good as well. The wife likes R&I which I'm not a fan of. If they mess with Southland however I will be livid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)