which tree is the culprit?

Even if the horizontal position of the arm says there is only one tree there, the Arm is NOT lined up with what the dish sees, if you have a muti LNB dish. You'll cut down a pertectly innocent tree. You'd be suprised what a 6 inch rise in the dish mounting would do. That should be much easier than cutting down tree after tree until you find the correct one. There are all sort of angles involed that you need an accurate line of site siteing and that is whre the tech comes in. He knows the compass offsets that also come into play. For all the time spent here, you could have it done.

Well yeah, I could have it done by now if I got a tech out to look, but what fun would that be? :) But seriously, thanks to everyone for the creative ideas. I'm going to try to get a tech out to look next week ... maybe a increase in height will help, as has been suggested, but I suspect that we will either have to move the dish or chop the offending tree, if we can ID it. It's going to be hard though, the several suspect trees are all close together and about the same height. I still think my sighting down the paper towel tube (a brilliant idea, if I must say so myself :)) will be as accurate as any instrument he has, but we shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)