Which UPN Super is Better?

Chris Freeland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Collegedale, TN
Do to un-employmant I have bean ota only for about a year now, I hope to be in a position to either re-activate my E* account or maybe switch to D* in a month or so. After being almost ready to switch to D* I am now leaning towards staying with E* because I can have my locals via satellite on E* now, with D* I would need to wait a few more months and my local market does not have a full time UPN and I can get 1 or more Supers with E*. If I re-activate E* I will get AT180 with locals but only one of the UPN Superstations this time, since it has bean a year my memory is fuzzy on which one is better for UPN, WWOR or WSBK, any opinions and why?

We have both and watch both interchangeably depending on which shows are on when. Both have all the UPN content and offer varied syndicated content. Both are 119 stations so signal quality is equal. WWOR offers a steady diet of paid programs on weekends while WSBK tends to offer more actual programming on weekends. One has news and advertisement from New York and one from Boston(irrelevent to us). Go to Dish website/programming and look at what programming they offer in what time slots.

cheers.

I find that WWOR is better for picture quality for Star Trek Enterpise. The funny thing is that WSBK was better for picture quality last year and now it is reverse. For WB I like the Denver super station KWGN for picture quality.

The sound on WWOR seems to be not as good as WSBK, at least for me... The commercials are noteceably louder than the program content.

I had a lot of smearing on the faces on the Enterprise crew when they showed closeups on WSBK a few months ago and switched to WWOR. I don't know if it is still the same because I haven't watched them again since the last time. I switched my timers to WWOR to have better picture quality. Haven't noticed any audio quality problems with either station.

I had WSBK years ago and was constantly irritated that they preempted ST-Voyager for Hockey (I know, call me crazy ... but that was WHY I had a UPN station, for Voyager).

When WWOR became available I switched. I like it better. Plus, now Enterprise is the only show I can put on full zoom and have decent picture quality.

WSBK no longer has hockey. I get P at least as good as WWOR. I think it is funny that Enterprise is the sole determining factor for most. I dont know if that proves how important that show is or how unimportant the rest of the UPN lineup is.

enterprise is only reason i have wwor. seems fine for the most part although i've noticed minor glitches from time to time. not sure how wsbk looks but it's not like I rip and encode the episodes and need 100% pq.

jened said:
enterprise is only reason i have wwor. seems fine for the most part although i've noticed minor glitches from time to time. not sure how wsbk looks but it's not like I rip and encode the episodes and need 100% pq.

What? You mean I don't get 100% picture quality with 100% digital quality satellite TV? :D