Which XM2GO unit should I buy: Delphi or Pioneer?

jbcheshire

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2005
West of the Mississippi
I have a Delphi xm2go unit given to me for my birthday. I have been trying to use it the past couple of days and all I can say is, if this is the future of satellite radio, then I am just going to have to stick to good ol FM....

Can anyone tell me how to make the reception better for the Delphi unit when not "docked"?

Is the Pioneer AirWare unit any better at getting reception?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Unfortunately those are generation one radios. At the end of the month XM has the Helix and Inno coming outwhich has MUCH better pickup color screen, the ability to record songs or channels plus store and playback MP3 files.

I bought my Pioneer one for $50.00 which was a good deal around xmas. Plus was able to get a full year of xm service for $79.00.

Althought my Pioneer is pretty much discontinued, I enjoy it every day i take it to work with me in my vehicle.

Looking forward in getting the new units, as long as the price is right.

If you want to get the portable xm, go with the Pioneer as long as you get it at a good price like I did.. at $50.00 with no rebates involved.

I have never had any signal problems on the road, When i Run i used my headphone/antenna hedset and works like a charm.

I'd highly recommend the Pioneer XM2GO

Last edited:
IVe got 2 of each, and these are designed to be portable, although I can say I pretty much get signal to work anwhere in teh house for some reason. but if not I hook it up to the home kit.

I dont get what you were expecting thee were designed to be used outside of the house, hence the name portable.

Use the 5 hours of recording time to use it when you dont have a signal..Going back to FM because of this? have fun!!

You totally missed my point...
I expect these to be portable... I had my delphi unit in the wide open park and couldn't keep a signal for more than a few seconds at a time... If I really wanted the five hours of recording time, then I'd get an MP3 player... (which i already have...) I wanted this more for the MLB broadcasts than the music, so listening to a baseball game after the fact is not very satisfying...

jbcheshire said:
You totally missed my point...
I expect these to be portable... I had my delphi unit in the wide open park and couldn't keep a signal for more than a few seconds at a time... If I really wanted the five hours of recording time, then I'd get an MP3 player... (which i already have...) I wanted this more for the MLB broadcasts than the music, so listening to a baseball game after the fact is not very satisfying...

Maybe you should get it checked all of mine work beautifully outside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)