White Sox blackout on CSN Chicago

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cah1975

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
I live in Southwest lower Michigan, just across the lake from Chicago and only about 1 1/2 hours away. Just now, I tried to watch the White Sox vs Colorado on Comcast Sports Chicago but it is saying it is blacked out in my area. It doesn't appear to be on any of my local channels like WGN, WCIU or anything else. Will all of the Cubs and White Sox games this season be blacked out here? Do I have to be living IN Chicago to get the games?

I live in the Chicago market, 45 mi north of the city, and I'm getting the game right now on Ch 429. You may very well be out of the area allowed. :mad:

Is the blackout in my area decided by Dish or is it Major League baseball?

The entire lower peninsula are apparently required to be Tiger fans.
MLB blacks out all games except Detroit.

I live in Southwest lower Michigan, just across the lake from Chicago and only about 1 1/2 hours away. Just now, I tried to watch the White Sox vs Colorado on Comcast Sports Chicago but it is saying it is blacked out in my area. It doesn't appear to be on any of my local channels like WGN, WCIU or anything else. Will all of the Cubs and White Sox games this season be blacked out here? Do I have to be living IN Chicago to get the games?
is CSN Chi one of your in-market RSN's?

I live in the same area as you do and yes they will blackout every game that is on CSN. Both Sox and Cubs. The "marketing area is determined by MLB and unfortunatley we live in a Tigers market. Two years ago I was able to watch them because I bought the extra innings package but that was taken away because Chuck didn't want to spend the money. The CSN blackouts don't make me near as mad as the ESPN or ESPN 2 games, all Cubs and White Sox games except the Sunday night baseball (exclusive to ESPN) will also be blacked out. Why does this make my blood boil you might ask? It's because if your buddy at work has comcast (cable) he was able to watch it.

Yes, CSN Chicago is one of my RSN's. Not to offend Tigers fans in my corner of Michigan, but the Cubs fans here FAR outnumber Tigers fans. In fact, many people from Chicago own vacation homes here. Looks like the NHL does not blackout Blackhawks games in my area, not sure about Bulls. By the way, I'm twice as close to Chicago as I am to Detroit and South Bend, IN which is 35 minutes south of me does not get the games blacked out!
This is a bunch of crap if you ask me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)