Who carries the Versus hockey broadcasts in Canada?

Gnab Gib

Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Metro Seattle
Hi, all. First post here.

I assume that if I got a Canadian satellite system, I'd be able to see all NHL games if I got Center (Centre!) Ice. Does another network carry the games that are exclusive to Versus here in the USA? I see that neither dish system in Canada carries Versus. Currently, even with Center Ice on DirecTV, we can't get the Versus games, because of the ongoing dispute between DTV and Versus.

We're moving soon from Virginia to the Seattle area, and I figure we'll switch over once we get there. I've been thinking about doing this for a while, since I want to watch CFL football, but what pushed me over the edge is that Setanta Sports has stopped broadcasting in the USA. I'm a huge rugby fan, and Setanta was the only way to get good rugby coverage in the States. However, I see that both Canadian dish providers still carry Setanta.

So yes, I'll be switching to a Canadian dish so I can watch hockey, Canadian football, and European rugby. :)

Thanks for your input.

Excellent. And it looks like both satellite services carry TSN and TSN2. Haven't decided which service I'll pick yet, but I'm leaning toward Starchoice.

Thanks for the info.

TSN & TSN2 carry pretty much all the Versus games. Unless there is a major conflict it will be on one of those two stations.

TSN & TSN2 carry pretty much all the Versus games. Unless there is a major conflict it will be on one of those two stations.

I'd say more like 75% of the Versus hockey games. There have been 2 or 3 times this season (got bell in october) that I went to watch a VS game on TSN and it wasn't there. Most of them have been on either TSN or TSN2, but not all. Last time I went to watch one TSN had curling and TSN2 had an ESPN college basketball game on, that was disappointing.

I'd say more like 75% of the Versus hockey games. There have been 2 or 3 times this season (got bell in october) that I went to watch a VS game on TSN and it wasn't there. Most of them have been on either TSN or TSN2, but not all. Last time I went to watch one TSN had curling and TSN2 had an ESPN college basketball game on, that was disappointing.

iM JEALOUS...Ive tried several times to get bell down here in South Florida.

That was a nightmare. Pulled in 91 and some of 82..This was before Bell went further north.

Im sure now Id get Zippo!

Starchoice-Gotta love them. Ive always wondered if Bell is in cahoots with Charlie Ergen??

Charlie guarding his turf!!

nah it had to do with Bell buying a POS old satellite from Directv. The footprint wasnt that good so when they shifted it north it cut out most of the US

nah it had to do with Bell buying a POS old satellite from Directv. The footprint wasnt that good so when they shifted it north it cut out most of the US

Ice,

Sure sounded good though right?

Its too bad with Bell moving the footprint. Tons of Canadian snowbirds
Living amoungst us Floridians.

Starchoice picked up all their bussiness.

Not the smartest move for the largest DBS in Canada..

Makes no sense to me??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)