Who had the Better Pod?

I was bound to run out of prediction luck eventually; Texas Tech, the Arizona Cardinals, and the Browns got me some respect.

The first two got their programs respect. The Cardinals are a one-trick pony who will probably not make the playoffs this season. Just a luck guess, since you haven't been able to duplicate that one. Texas Tech? They could light it up on the offensive end, but "D" was just the fourth letter in the alphabet, for them. I'll let HD MM finish you off, with the Browns.

The first two got their programs respect. The Cardinals are a one-trick pony who will probably not make the playoffs this season. Just a luck guess, since you haven't been able to duplicate that one. Texas Tech? They could light it up on the offensive end, but "D" was just the fourth letter in the alphabet, for them. I'll let HD MM finish you off, with the Browns.

They lose?:D

And Providence? That arena is tiny and probably has asbestos in the ceiling. Go to Boston!

The Dunk holds about 13,000 for basketball, but it is very antiquated. They would have been better off going 60 miles to the south in Hartford or 35 miles to the north in Boston.

HD, are you sure there using Nationwide Arena? I think for the women its on the court of one of the teams. Ex. Uconn is playing there games in Storrs at there own building, same as Norte Dame. So I think Ohio St. is being used for the women if there in a tourney.

HD, are you sure there using Nationwide Arena? I think for the women its on the court of one of the teams. Ex. Uconn is playing there games in Storrs at there own building, same as Norte Dame. So I think Ohio St. is being used for the women if there in a tourney.

Yes. The OSU Women and other select teams played their first two rounds at Nationwide Arena in C-Bus....

Ohio State Draws Sacred Heart In Women?s NCAA - News- msnbc.com

What's wrong with the one Ohio St uses?

There's nothing wrong with the arena the Ohio States basketball teams typically play in.

During the regular season, OSU plays in Schottenstein Center (formally: Value City Arena), which was opened in 1998 and seats 19,200.

Another Arena in town (3 miles from campus) is the beautiful Nationwide Arena, located in the heart of a Arena District which has a ton of bars, clubs, restaurants and entertainment nearby. Nationwide Arena opened in 2000 and seats 19,500.

From a tourist standpoint, Nationwide Arena is in a better location. Everything you could imagine is within walking distance.

The Dunk holds about 13,000 for basketball, but it is very antiquated. They would have been better off going 60 miles to the south in Hartford or 35 miles to the north in Boston.

Yeah - if you guys think Dayton is a dump, wait until you see "The Dunk" in Providence.

BTW - Hartford is almost due west of Providence, and the "XL Center" (formerly Hartford Civic Center) isn't a palace, either :)

BTW - Hartford is almost due west of Providence, and the "XL Center" (formerly Hartford Civic Center) isn't a palace, either :)

LOL!!! You're right, I guess I'm just as geopraphically challenged as the NCAA selection committee! :D

All three "Civic Centers" in New England (Hartford, Providence, Springfield) have gone the corporate route. Sigh!

I haven't been to the Hartford Civic Center in about 20 years (I saw many Whalers-Bruins games there), but it was VERY nice back then (especially when you compared it to the old Boston Garden :eek:)

I still remember when the roof collapsed, under the weight of snow, on the original Hartford Civic Center, what was that around 1978-79?

LOL!!! You're right, I guess I'm just as geopraphically challenged as the NCAA selection committee! :D

All three "Civic Centers" in New England (Hartford, Providence, Springfield) have gone the corporate route. Sigh!

I haven't been to the Hartford Civic Center in about 20 years (I saw many Whalers-Bruins games there), but it was VERY nice back then (especially when you compared it to the old Boston Garden :eek:)

I still remember when the roof collapsed, under the weight of snow, on the original Hartford Civic Center, what was that around 1978-79?
January 18, 1978

I went to several Whalers games up in Springfield...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)