Who has most channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeha i know....it hurts..but there is no way i can get 2 satellites up here.
a buddy of mine lives a block away from my house and well..he has DTV with ST.
All i got to say there is nothing to compare ST with.
Also i today i checked with few people my neighbors..i compared both DTV and Dish Network and it pretty much looked the same as far PQ goes and about the HDTV channels well DTV had few channels i thought looked better than Dish but again if you add all channels together they balance well.
The only thing now its just pwning me is the International channel...my family wants it and well...you know how that goes.
I wish i could get DTV with 1 satellite.
But we can't get everything we want....

Jimbos please read my PM that i sent you, thank you.

you made the right choice

icewolf you made the right decision,there are many reasons why dish network is a better choice than directv.the best reason why dish network is a better choice than directv is that dish does have a lot more HD channels than directv,and theres a huge technical reason also,"you will never hear the directv people talk about this" directv is very strained for bandwidth,and high def eats up a lot of bandwidth.
at this point in time directv does not have the extra bandwidth to add any extra high def channels,i can not imagine how they intend to add future hd channels with the position they are in.just to give you an example.ESPN has been on directv's case recently because directv has compressed their signal so much that the picture quality has really gone down,the reason directv compressed espn was to save on much needed band width.i could go on and on but from my experience directv is a lot hype and does not show a lot of results.

at this point in time directv does not have the extra bandwidth to add any extra high def channels,i can not imagine how they intend to add future hd channels with the position they are in.

Guess you've missed the part about DirecTV 10 and 11 being launched this year (D11 is a hoped for since the SeaLaunch mishap) which adds capacity for 150 national HD channels.

ESPN has been on directv's case recently because directv has compressed their signal so much that the picture quality has really gone down,the reason directv compressed espn was to save on much needed band width.i could go on and on but from my experience directv is a lot hype and does not show a lot of results.

Do you have the documentation to back this statement up ?

And as Rad said:
Guess you've missed the part about DirecTV 10 and 11 being launched this year (D11 is a hoped for since the SeaLaunch mishap) which adds capacity for 150 national HD channels

Where have you been all this time, this information has been available for over a year now.D* has already sent 2 sats up and have the next two going up in April i believe and in the fall for the 4th one.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)