Who has Prince of Persia?

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I recently bought it today, not going to be able to play it until after Christmas..
I got the limited edition from my gamestop today for 39.99$ (brand new not used) I bought the display version, the disk was sealed, so no worrys, damn I got a good deal :).

I got the 360 version since I got the huge 20$ discount, otherwise I would have gone with the PS3 version.

Btw, is Prince the same prince as the same prince on the sands of time (the one released back in 2003).

I got PoP for the PS3 for xmas. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to check it out this weekend. In the meantime, here are a couple vids at IGN you might want to check out. One compares the 360/PS3 versions, the other compares the new PoP with Sands of Time.

[ame="http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/890665/prince-of-persia/videos/PoP_H2H_120408.html"]IGN Video: Prince of Persia PlayStation 3 Series - Head-to-Head: Prince of Persia[/ame]

[ame="http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/890665/prince-of-persia/videos/PoPVsSands_120408.html"]IGN Video: Prince of Persia PlayStation 3 Video - Prince of Persia vs. The Sands of Time@@AMEPARAM@@flashvars='object_ID=890665&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/935/935902/PoPVsSands_120408_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking=@@AMEPARAM@@object@@AMEPARAM@@890665@@AMEPARAM@@xbox360movies@@AMEPARAM@@xbox360@@AMEPARAM@@935/935902@@AMEPARAM@@PoPVsSands_120408_flvlowwide[/ame]

Btw, is Prince the same prince as the same prince on the sands of time (the one released back in 2003).

I would not consider the Prince at all similar to the one from the Sands of time. I have finished the basic storyline in the PS3 version, and am debating how much I want to complete the Trophies (Currently at 74%). Most of the game is too repetitive. Two of the trophies/achievements sound too hard. Need to complete the game in only a few hours (12 hours) and need to complete it without dying 100 times. Its too easy to slip and have to be saved by Elika.

Last edited:
I've played a few hours of the game. So far I'm not exactly impressed. The game is amusing, but as of now I haven't felt the great "experience" that this is supposed to be. The game REALLY babies you with the QTE and guiding, but the platforming aspects are rather frustrating and can be tricky to manage. Granted, the princess saves you all the time, but you still have to try and make the jump again or kill the enemy after it recovers some health.

Somewhat ironic how this game guides and babies you so, while the original PoP was known for it's merciless difficulty.

Somewhat ironic how this game guides and babies you so, while the original PoP was known for it's merciless difficulty.

Nah.. that's the way we baby everybody these days. You don't want the game to hurt kids self-esteem by being too hard. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nah.. that's the way we baby everybody these days. You don't want the game to hurt kids self-esteem by being too hard. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

... not to mention the self-esteem of us casual adult (over 40) gamers too! ;)

Half the reason I got PoP was because I heard it was easy, but my understanding was that the built-in AI would make it more challenging (especially the boss battles) as you went along and got better. Anyone experiencing heightened difficulty the more they play?

The fights are getting harder as I move along.. (I never played any PoP except the very first one on the pc).. it is fairly easy as a game goes.. but I guess it's only as difficult as you make it (tryiing not to fall or die).. figuring out where to run how to jump, etc is interesting but get old.. the dialog however is killing me.. I laugh so hard with some of the stuff they talk about.. my favorite is "Do you want to play a game?", "No".. lol.. then he makes her play a guessing game.. I laughed at that one.. still cracks me up..

The fights are getting harder as I move along.. (I never played any PoP except the very first one on the pc).. it is fairly easy as a game goes.. but I guess it's only as difficult as you make it (tryiing not to fall or die).. figuring out where to run how to jump, etc is interesting but get old.. the dialog however is killing me.. I laugh so hard with some of the stuff they talk about.. my favorite is "Do you want to play a game?", "No".. lol.. then he makes her play a guessing game.. I laughed at that one.. still cracks me up..

I love that the Prince's voice acting is done by Nolan North, a.k.a. Nathan Drake from Uncharted. The sense of humor is very similar and a perfect match for his voice acting style. Sometimes I just sit there and listen to them banter for a while, especially after a boss battle. I love how the game lets you control that.

I think this review says it best. NSFW! Just click the link.

[ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/482-Prince-of-Persia"]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Prince of Persia[/ame]

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that; I hadn't caught it yet. This guy's reviews always crack me up, and I usually agree with him on games I've played. That he recommends this game at all after slamming it on a few points says a lot in its favor.
Actually after seeing that review and his retrospective on the PoP trilogy, I want to go back and play the last generation games. For whatever reason I never got a chance to play the "Warrior" games in the series, but I do remember the 1st game being quite a lot of fun.

I think I've given up on this game. The lack of variety is starting to get to me and the great scenery isn't enough to distract me from the fact that, as Yahtzee also states,

"The levels are all cut from the same carpet: Jump around a place that's covered in black slime, fling the local bad guy off a cliff, then plunk Elika on a magic floor and finger the 'Y' button until she explosively c*ms grass seed!"

Definitely worth checking out for those that haven't yet, but I'd recommend it more as a Gamefly rental than as a $60 purchase.

As a novice gamer, I'm still finding enough variety and challenge to keep me interested (I'm about 1/3 the way through). It's a relaxing diversion with great scenery, amusing dialogue/banter, and so-so story to provide additional interest. The whole hunting-for-the light-seed thing reminds me a lot of LittleBigPlanet, although in that game there seems to be much greater variety from one level to another in terms of skill, design, and challenge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts