x box

walkinhorseman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Springfield Ky.
Hey guys i need some help. My grandson wants an x box for birthday. I'm not up to date on these, so what do i look for to get the best system? Help an old man out!!!!!

well, if you want the best you can get I would say the elite as it has the largest amount of storage, and for me its black (everything in my stand is black.) if not the pro 60 gig does just fine, really I would say those are hte only two to choose from, the arcade edition dosen have a hard drive and is not worth it in my opinion.

Well....(assuming you mean an Xbox 360),

If the grandson just needs a standard system and probably won't be downloading a lot of stuff from the internet or playing old original Xbox games, then the Arcade package for $199 is the way to go:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade-Console-Bonus-Game/dp/B001FPBZBC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1236946510&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Arcade Console with Bonus Game: Video Games[/ame]

If the grandson does quite a bit of online gaming and wants to use the 360 as more than a gaming system with downloading of multiple files and Xbox Live Arcade games (small downloadable games that are smaller but cheaper than disc based games), then the Pro Package is the way to go:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Console-60GB-Bonus-Games/dp/B001FPBZ3U/ref=sr_tr_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1236946510&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Pro Console 60GB with 2 Bonus Games: Video Games[/ame]

Finally, if the grandson is a hardcore gamer who demands high performance and storage space (and your really willing to splurge for them), then the Elite Console is the way to go.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Elite-Console-120GB-Bonus/dp/B001FPFVD0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1236946510&sr=8-4"]Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Elite Console 120GB with 2 Bonus Games: Video Games[/ame]

I'd recommend the Pro Package. It's the best value for the price and has a decent sized hard drive to accommodate numerous downloadable games/movies/songs etc. If he's really young and/or will not be doing a lot of online gaming or downloading, then the cheaper Arcade Package will like suffice. Going for the Elite is a little overboard in my opinion, although it may be nice since they are discontinuing it soon and he can brag that he got "one of the last Elites." I don't know if that makes it worth the $399 price tag though..

well, if you want the best you can get I would say the elite as it has the largest amount of storage, and for me its black (everything in my stand is black.) if not the pro 60 gig does just fine, really I would say those are hte only two to choose from, the arcade edition dosen have a hard drive and is not worth it in my opinion.
I'd disagree about the statement about the Arcade Edition. For people like US, who play online a lot and use DLC and potentially original Xbox games, then the Arcade is not a wise purchase. However, for someone who ONLY likes playing games and will never go beyond a Live Silver membership (if that), then the Arcade option is not a bad idea. It's a good entry system for people who are stuck in the PS2 world who want to upgrade to the current generation of systems but don't want to break the bank in doing so. Also, don't forget that if you go out and buy a HDD later you essentially turn your 360 into one of the other more expensive models.

Better hurry and get the Elite's before they are all gone. MS announced earlier this week they are not making them anymore for general distribution and will be limited editions only in the future.

Hey guys i need some help. My grandson wants an x box for birthday. I'm not up to date on these, so what do i look for to get the best system? Help an old man out!!!!!

FYI, Check out the PS3 as well. I had 7 XBox 360's fail on me. I don't trust them. And they still have problems.

I would avoid the Arcade version. Yes, it is cheaper but you are able to do so much more with a hard drive that is in the other versions.

Arcade - $199
Pro - $299
Elite - $399

Well....(assuming you mean an Xbox 360),

If the grandson just needs a standard system and probably won't be downloading a lot of stuff from the internet or playing old original Xbox games, then the Arcade package for $199 is the way to go:
Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Arcade Console with Bonus Game: Video Games

If the grandson does quite a bit of online gaming and wants to use the 360 as more than a gaming system with downloading of multiple files and Xbox Live Arcade games (small downloadable games that are smaller but cheaper than disc based games), then the Pro Package is the way to go:

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Pro Console 60GB with 2 Bonus Games: Video Games

Finally, if the grandson is a hardcore gamer who demands high performance and storage space (and your really willing to splurge for them), then the Elite Console is the way to go.

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Elite Console 120GB with 2 Bonus Games: Video Games

I'd recommend the Pro Package. It's the best value for the price and has a decent sized hard drive to accommodate numerous downloadable games/movies/songs etc. If he's really young and/or will not be doing a lot of online gaming or downloading, then the cheaper Arcade Package will like suffice. Going for the Elite is a little overboard in my opinion, although it may be nice since they are discontinuing it soon and he can brag that he got "one of the last Elites." I don't know if that makes it worth the $399 price tag though..

Because of all the Amazon images and how straight and to the point (in a good, useful way) your post was, it seemed like it needed this image at the end of it lol:

the_more_you_know2.jpg

I agree with... everyone... pro is the way to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)