MLB 2K9 PS3 vs PS2???

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Besides the fact that the PS3 version is 3 times the price, are there any other big differences between the PS2 2k9 and PS3 2k9 (MLB) played on a PS3?

How does either compare to MLB The Show?

Last edited:
If you have a PS3 or PS2...The Show is a LOT better
I have heard that. I was wondering if there is a difference between the MLB 2k9 PS2 game vs the PS3 version. I have a PS3 and most of the games I play on it are the PS2 versions because they are 1/2 to 1/4 the price. Some PS2 games have good PQ on the PS3 and others don't. Just wondering if there are features that the PS3 version of the game has that the PS2 version does not. Or if the PQ is that much better on the PS3 version. I cannot see spending $60 for a game when I can play the same game for $20.

Frankly if I was going to buy a baseball game for the PS3 I would buy MLB The Show. It is way better than MLB 2k games

Besides the fact that the PS3 version is 3 times the price, are there any other big differences between the PS2 2k9 and PS3 2k9 (MLB) played on a PS3?

How does either compare to MLB The Show?
2k sports has made some great games in the past . But 2k9 is worse then 2k8. It's one of the worst baseball games ever. The Show is one of the best baseball games ever.

You get what you pay for. I don't buy many games but I do buy good games. And MLB The Show is worth every penny .

2k Sports made one of the best football games ever . ESPN 2k5 NFL. Even the 2k8 game was ok. But I don't know what's wrong with them now. They seem to make bad sports games.

A quick perusal of game reviews on Metacritc.com confirms what televisionarchives said.

Major League Baseball 2K9 (ps3: 2009): Reviews

2K9 for the PS3 scored 60/100 (MLB 09 The Show got 90/100) with many critics pointing out how it declined from last year in an attempt to appeal to more casual gamers.

In light of that, it might be safest for the OP to get the cheaper PS2 version and not waste $60 on a lackluster installment ... if he isn't interested in getting The Show that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts