PS3 & External Hard Drives

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
if i go buy a a External Hard Drive (like 1TB or 2TB) can i hookup it up to mine PS3 and download games to it and play games off from it? because i am out of room on mine Hard Drive

if i go buy a a External Hard Drive (like 1TB or 2TB) can i hookup it up to mine PS3 and download games to it and play games off from it? because i am out of room on mine Hard Drive

You can buy an internal hard drive and swap out the one that is currently in it now. It's very easy to do and you can find plenty of youtube videos on how to do it. I did this with my old PS3. If there are game saves on the current internal hard drive that you want to keep make sure you same them onto a thumb drive or something so you can transfer them back onto the new hard drive.

You can buy an internal hard drive and swap out the one that is currently in it now. It's very easy to do and you can find plenty of youtube videos on how to do it. I did this with my old PS3. If there are game saves on the current internal hard drive that you want to keep make sure you same them onto a thumb drive or something so you can transfer them back onto the new hard drive.

And that new drive will also work with a PS4 once you get one. You just have to decide if it's worth the hassle to put a new drive in the PS3 now if you are going to be formatting it and putting it in the PS4 in a couple months. It's not that hard but backing up all your saves can be a hassle if you don't have PS Plus and any downloaded games would have to be downloaded again to the new drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts