who here switched from cable hdtv to dish hdtv, and why?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

one028

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
southeast michigan
im still debating on the switch and was looking for some pros and cons.....any help would be appriciated. im leaning toward going with dish, but am not having any luck getting the 811 receiver. basically looking for picture quality and programing...whos better?

one028 said:
im still debating on the switch and was looking for some pros and cons.....any help would be appriciated. im leaning toward going with dish, but am not having any luck getting the 811 receiver. basically looking for picture quality and programing...whos better?

Given the chance, I've thought about switching back to cable after getting an 811. I have a ReplayTV 5040, which I refuse to live without. On my Toshiba 57HX83, cable through the replay was okay, with some digital compression artifacts. With my 811 outputting a digitally compressed signal into another device that is going to re-compress the signal, I get a horribly compressed digital image on my screen. Locals are by far the worst, looking extremely bad even run straight into the television. I managed to get my 811 before the requirement for 1 year of the HD pack, so all I get is HBO-HD (don't think $10/month is worth it for the HD pack).

The only thing preventing me from changing back is service cost...I pay $60/month for Dish in 2 rooms (Top 120 Value pack), whereas the same level of service with Adelphia would cost $85/month, and while I do value picture quality, I don't value it that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)