Who is actually in charge of the VOOM shutdown process?

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Who is actually in charge of the VOOM shutdown process (i.e., messages on the VOOM screen, email, website, letters)--is is one of the Dolans? BOth or all three of the Dolans?

Just wonder if the message to give us till April 30 to find another satellite supplier is by James?

It is really a little premature to push people into making a decision about one or the other if there is some chance of one (E*) taking some of the VOOM channels?

Why is a Dishnet CSR suggest I wait until after April 30 to make any final decision on subscribing to EITHER E* or D*?

I had asked about any specials for VOOM customers or about the VOOM 21 and the above was his answer. He did not insist I subscribe right away, but said to call him back after May 1!

bookwalk said:
Who is actually in charge of the VOOM shutdown process (i.e., messages on the VOOM screen, email, website, letters)--is is one of the Dolans? BOth or all three of the Dolans?...
Cablevision flunkies. The Dolans have gone forward to other projects.

Anyone else getting the same pushback from E* CSR? Wondering if this is just a rogue CSR or is something going on? By the way I saw some discussion on the yahoo finance dishnetwork board about someone buying and selling large lots of stock?

You're the first I've heard of having an actual E* CSR say 'wait 'til May 1'...others about the forums have said as much, however. I believe the thinking was that the May 1 announcements will reveal upgrade paths for current/new subs concerning the 942 DVR and may have some other HD (and thus perhaps V*) related news tied in with it. It feels like E* would be a better "fit" for any V*-related programming and have a better edge as far as outreach for Voom subs due to the recent Charlie/Chuck dealings, but who knows...

I chose to migrate to E* because of the lower up front for HD equipment, but I can hope for more HD and some Voom carry over, can't I?

MDONELLY: "The Dolans have gone forward to other projects."

Think so? They have had "not so good" results so far. They lost the bid for Adelphia....the entire City of New York wants that Jets stadium and will probably get it. Where does that leave Jimmy Dolan? Haven't heard anything about Charles yet.
Wonder if Jimmy has boarded up his Dad's office again?

Even though I have checked out other sources I am going to wait and see what happens after May 1. I have a feeling that the VOOM 21 will show up somewhere in the future.

This looks like some good news... :)

This is from Mondays Multichannel News (Not available on their website yet)

THROUGH THE WIRE
> Slated to go dark on April 30, some of Cablevision’s Voom HD satellite service’s channels are continuing to shoot programming.

Do some shows (AUCTION for example) go on with or without VOOM? I still think there is a possibility that VOOM's 21 Originals (or at least the non-movie channels) might appear elsewhere. Would be worth waiting to see before committing to a year of another service. Hope it's true!

I was out surfing the monstershd site. It looks like they are still putting on a happy face. One interesting thing. If you you sign up for the site they ask what cable provider you use. The two choices are Time Warner and Adelphia?? Could this be a sign that some of the 21 are going to show up on other providers? Too bad my local cable provider is Insight :mad:

Weld the door shut!

hdtvGeek said:
I was out surfing the monstershd site. It looks like they are still putting on a happy face. One interesting thing. If you you sign up for the site they ask what cable provider you use. The two choices are Time Warner and Adelphia?? Could this be a sign that some of the 21 are going to show up on other providers? Too bad my local cable provider is Insight :mad:
MonstersHD could be taking names and making a list so they could have some information if/when they aproch TW or A* to show there is a demand and make an offer .

As far as who is really in charge of the shutdown? I don't think anyone at Voom losing their job will do it. Maybe the last Voom employee to leave will just leave the light on and weld the door shut...ha ha. wishfull thinking.

-scott

Scott Greczkowski said:
This looks like some good news... :)

This is from Mondays Multichannel News (Not available on their website yet)

I see that satelliteguys gets a mention in the article as well as two mods!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)