Who is going to win the NL WildCard?

There is something wrong with the math when I checked standings 1 min. ago. :shocked It should be at least 7 teams.
Milwaukee Brewers are just 1/2 game behind Cubs. Why they are not in the poll. I know, they never made in what, 20 years, but at this moment after two road game wins vs. Mets...
So, refuse to vote until Brewers will be included. That doesn't mean I will vote for them, even if I want them to win. :)

I voted for the Astros, but I think we should have 2 NL Wild Cards this year, Because if the NL West "champion" can't even finish above .500, they don't deserve a playoff spot. Look at the NL East right now, (8/5/05), every team is at or above .500.

So here's my picks
NL Wildcard #1 Astros
NL Wildcard #2 Marlins*
*No NL West Representation due to the fact that all teams are complete crap this season, therefore; MLB awards the 2nd best non-division champion an honorary Wild Card spot.

I wish MLB would actually do something like this.

LOL Cubs gave up. Woods is having season ending surgery. They traded Lawton to the Yankees. It seems like the Cubs every year rely too much on Woods/Prior and both are plagued with injuries every year. The Cubs have to stop relying on these two guys and go to plan B. Sure it is good to have both of them but tell in which year Woods was not injured? Don't feel Chado. The great/Hall of Famer "Rumor Guy" Peter Gamons also predicted the Cubs to win it all at the beginning of the season.

stone phillips420 said:
didnt lawton get traded from pirates to yankees?

Kind of. Via the Cubs. The Cubs traded Jason Dubois to the Indians for Jody Gerut. A few weeks later the Cubs traded Gerut to the Pirates for Lawton. A few weeks after that the Cubs traded Lawton to the Yankees for a Single A pitcher. Such has been the summer for us Cub fans. :mad:

Sean Mota said:
LOL Cubs gave up. Woods is having season ending surgery. They traded Lawton to the Yankees. It seems like the Cubs every year rely too much on Woods/Prior and both are plagued with injuries every year. The Cubs have to stop relying on these two guys and go to plan B. Sure it is good to have both of them but tell in which year Woods was not injured? Don't feel Chado. The great/Hall of Famer "Rumor Guy" Peter Gamons also predicted the Cubs to win it all at the beginning of the season.

Yeah injuries have killed us the last two years, but I have to say it has been more fundamentals in the field, at the plate and running the bases that have really cost many games. Dusty also likes his veterans which has hurt us all year in Left Field.

They need to unload all the dead weight, hit 20 HRs strike out 120 time guys, like Corey Patterson (sad to say), J Burnitz, Todd Hollandsworth and build around Ramirez and Lee as their run producers. We need more guys to get on base.

Ok GO BEARS!!! sh*t Grossman is hurt again.

Ok GO HAWKS!!! We got the Buhlin Wall!!!

Fasten your seat belts, the race got tighter... Philies lose, mets win... Phis and Marlins are tied for first place. Mets are in second half game behind, Astros 1 out and Nationals 2 out.

Astros, Marlins and Philies with 20 or less game to play... Everyone else has or will be eliminated... Sorry to Mets fan...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)