Who is not going to upgrade due to the excessive cost

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
After being told by MaryB that it would cost me $700 to upgrade to a 2/3 config and then being told by a Account Secilist that it would be $800 this 14.5 year subscriber to Dish will not upgrade even though I would love to

No. I've had a 722/211 set up for years. Most probably back to 2004 when I got my first hdtv.. Before that I think I had x000 system because they had ota tuners. I had to instll that system myself.

I'm beginning to think there is a reason, you just aren't realizing it - or - it's wrong info. The vast majority of posts are well below that or at the $99 level. Have you checked your credit rating, is it correct? Have you written uncomplimentary posts about Dish? (Just kidding.. a little humor) :)

dwarren2 said:
No. I've had a 722/211 set up for years. Most probably back to 2004 when I got my first hdtv.. Before that I think I had x000 system because they had ota tuners. I had to instll that system myself.

Cancel. Activate in another family members name.... (different last name, use cell phone number) new gear and $20 off for Year.

After being told by MaryB that it would cost me $700 to upgrade to a 2/3 config and then being told by a Account Secilist that it would be $800 this 14.5 year subscriber to Dish will not upgrade even though I would love to

Something odd must have flagged your account as well as others for long time subs to be bent over like this. When 1 year subs are getting upgraded for $100, and a sub that's been there from nearly the beginning is getting bent over is bizarre and, on the surface, unfair.

There seems to be quite a few people taken by surprise at not being in the top tiers. People who seemingly have had no credit history problems, or even recent upgrades.

Tampa8, my credit score is over 800 so that isn't it.

///M AZING, can't do that. We would loose access to all our recordings on the external HD and possible the internal since they are tied to an account.

Laddyboy, I have no idea why Dish is screwing long term subscribers and giving relativel newbies such deals.

There seems to be quite a few people taken by surprise at not being in the top tiers. People who seemingly have had no credit history problems, or even recent upgrades.

I agree. And in some posts (this one included) they are long time posters as long as me and I would have nothing to make me doubt what they are saying. That's why he needs to find out exactly why. There may be a problem he is unaware of.

The female accounts csr refused to tell me why. Just kept saying every account is different. Denied that there was any tier system such as A, B or C level.

I agree. And in some posts (this one included) they are long time posters and I would have nothing to make me doubt what they are saying. That's why he needs to find out exactly why. There may be a problem he is unaware of.

Dish sometimes makes mistakes and corrects them with a credit. The original mistake likely remains in the system and may trigger the denial when it wasn't something the sub did at all. That's why someone at HQ should be looking at this stuff on a case by case basis, especially for long term subs. Heavens, they've made thousands off a 14-year sub. Even if the sub paid late a couple of times, they obviously got their money. If they gave a few bucks in credits, what in the heck is that compared to the thousands they've made. They haven't even recovered the acquisition cost of that sub and they're giving a $100 upgrade. Someone has their head up the dark side out there in Colorado, it would seem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)