Who is not interested in Prime Time Anytime?

How interested are you in Dish's upcoming Prime Time Anytime feature?

• Very interested. Wouldn't live without it.

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • Somewhat interested. Looks promising.

Votes: 124 36.6%
  • Not very interested. Might give it a shot.

Votes: 53 15.6%
  • Couldn't care less. That's "could NOT care less."

Votes: 103 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a couple comedies, like how i met your mother, 30 rock, and one or 2 others, but the rest of network tv is crap...couldnt care less about "Prime Time Anytime"...stupid feature to use as a "hook" for the new boxes, IMO

a couple comedies, like how i met your mother, 30 rock, and one or 2 others, but the rest of network tv is crap...couldnt care less about "Prime Time Anytime"...stupid feature to use as a "hook" for the new boxes, IMO

So don't use it. No sub is forced to use PTA. It's a feature available for use if a sub wants to use it. Why do people use their own likes and dislikes to predict everyone else's? Dish has research indicating that a significant percentage of recording during primetime occurs with these 4 networks. Thus they added a feature to make recording these particular nets easy and painless for subscribers. That's pretty smart, not stupid. IMO.

thank you for giving me permission to make my own choices..
maybe if you read first, and expressed yourself second, you would have seen the title of this thread, "Who is not interested in Prime time Anytime"?......
Obviously, I, and millions of others like me, are not....

Sounds like you are a shill for either a network, or Dish....

thank you for giving me permission to make my own choices..
maybe if you read first, and expressed yourself second, you would have seen the title of this thread, "Who is not interested in Prime time Anytime"?......
Obviously, I, and millions of others like me, are not....

Sounds like you are a shill for either a network, or Dish....

If you've read my posts over the years, you would know that I'm hardly a fanboy. I just don't see why anyone would refer to an optional feature as stupid when it doesn't affect the overall functioning of the unit itself. If it took away a tuner and was not optional, your point would be on target. The feature can either be turned off or on. If it's turned off, it's as if it doesn't exist at all. You could have simply said I won't use it because I don't watch much primetime on the Big 4. You said that, but then added that the feature was stupid. That's what I replied to. Obviously, not everyone watches primetime on those four networks. Many obviously do in a significant enough number that Dish is marketing an optional feature to them. Those of us that own businesses market to segments all the time. It's not stupid business to do so.

Its a commonly known fact that network tv is experiencing its lowest viewership ever now; I agree that there are still plenty of people watching network tv, but the numbers have never been lower..

My only point was, and is, that making PTA a "lead" feature for this new technology wasn't really the smartest marketing move that Dish could have made; I'm sure if you could program 8 channels of YOUR choice, instead of being stuck with the network drivel, would make it a much more attractive feature..

Maybe that actually is how it works; frankly, I haven't studied it in depth yet, because I am sure we are several months away from getting it, and, until we know how much lighter our pockets will be if we sign up for this, my interest at this point is minimal.

You are free to disagree with any of my perspectives; thats the beauty of the Internet, isn't it?

Dish knows what their subscribers are watching. If the network views among them are as low as you maintain , I don't think they would have bothered.

Dish knows what their subscribers are watching. If the network views among them are as low as you maintain , I don't think they would have bothered.

just because viewership is low in someone's household there are some people believe it's that low in everyone's household.
The poll on this thread shows that there are more people interested than not in the feature here...all but one person I've talked to outside this board has said how cool they think the PTAT will be and are looking forward to getting it...and none of them called it stupid!

Why not just rename the thread to why I'm not interested in the Hopper.

What would increase my interest in the Hopper is for DISH to bring out a USB Dual Tuner OTA Module.Then we would have 5 tuners 21/7 and 9 tuners(with Primetime Anytime PTAT) 3/7.:)

With Dual Hoppers(one with PTAT disabled,with OTA Dual Tuner Module) 8 tuners 21/7 and 12 tuners 3/7 PTAT,then DISH you have a winner!!!..:eek::D

What would increase my interest in the Hopper is for DISH to bring out a USB Dual Tuner OTA Module.Then we would have 5 tuners 21/7 and 9 tuners(with Primetime Anytime PTAT) 3/7.:)

With Dual Hoppers(one with PTAT disabled,with OTA Dual Tuner Module) 8 tuners 21/7 and 12 tuners 3/7 PTAT,then DISH you have a winner!!!..:eek::D

Heck, I'd be happy with a single OTA tuner USB, especially if you could plug in a second one if desired.

I'm amazed that some folks seem to be more into Dish equipment than watching TV. I watch about 70 hours a week. Dish is just a tool to get the job done. Almost all I watch is DVRed except and market news some weekend daytime reality shows like Alaska Bush Flying or the like. During evenings the wife and I watch prime time dramas almost exclusively.

First killer PTA advantage: The flood of reality shows that "run over" and delay the start, and sometimes the subsequent ending of the next program. And the annoying habit networks, especially FOX, have of not ending on time. With PTA You never miss the end of a show. Or forget to add a timer for that new mid season replacement show.

Second killer PTA advantage: Summer re-run time comes around... PTA off.

Third killer PTA advantage: I presently have 57 timers. And that is after a spent a hour a few days ago deleting canceled prime time show timers. With PTA I should average less than half as many. And when a prime time show gets canceled, it doesn't leave a orphan timer.

Fourth killer PTA advantage: We are not sitcom people but every once in a while we wouldn't mind one but don't have any idea what is on when so just being able to peruse the PTA listings we could maybe give a show a shot. Same with new fall dramas, check a many out as we choose and not have to make a purposeful decision of yea or nay before the first show.

Thats the beauty of PTA, you can use it or not use it, it is your choice. Some of you guys are acting that this feature is being forced on you, its not. If you don't want to upgrade to Hopper and Joey then don't... it is your choice. :)

Choice is a great thing!

Jhon69 said:

Well I would not argue that at all. I would love if they did that. One of my favorite features of the 722k and 922 is the OTA module.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)