Who is the best satellite Internet providor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aa7595

Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
southeast michigan
I currently have WildBlue satellite for my Internet conncection and find it to be little better than 56K dial-up. Are there better satellite providors with faster speeds?

You can upgrade your WildBlue package to a faster package which allows you a higher FAP data limit but some claim, no matter what provider that you have, that you will not always get the speed that the package states.

As far as technology goes, WildBlue is the cream of the crop in satellite internet. You cannot get any better than that.

As far as technology goes, satellite internet is annoying and subject to FAP if you are a constant downloader of movies and data.

Your only next bet would be WiMax. Who knows when that might happen for your area, though?

Wireless providers are all over the place around here. They are far better than satellite. Check neighbors and see if they are using a terrestrial wireless comapany. Both WiMax and WiFi are common around here.

I think Hughesnet is your best bet, since the FAP is calculated on a 24 hour basis.

Before you do anything, call wild blue and see if you can upgrade to a better package and see if that helps :)

BTW, Dishstore does sell Hughesnet :)

I think globcos is your best
Before you do anything, call wild blue and see if you can upgrade to a better package and see if that helps :)

BTW, Dishstore does sell globcos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)