Who is to blame for program info?

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
Is it just me or do other people have crappy program info in their guide? They could tell you if a movie is a comedy or drama or horror, etc without having to watch it or figure it out for yourself. Also when my DVR is set to record NEW episodes of a show, why does it record shows from years past? Is it because the program info doesn't include NEW EPISODE?

Who does the program info and who do you complain to about it?

Thanks.

guide is due to tribune

Is it just me or do other people have crappy program info in their guide? They could tell you if a movie is a comedy or drama or horror, etc without having to watch it or figure it out for yourself. Also when my DVR is set to record NEW episodes of a show, why does it record shows from years past? Is it because the program info doesn't include NEW EPISODE?

Who does the program info and who do you complain to about it?

Thanks.

The guide is done by tribune media. The recording of no non new episodes is due to it not having a date in the guide and to be on the safe side the DVR records it. This has been discussed numerous times & had you used search you would most likely found this answer.

That's OK, 99% of the time search doesn't find what you're actually looking for anyway.

So what do you do? Email Tribune and tell them their guide info at Dish is crap or just deal with it. It's frustrating because it seems like it would be such an easy and cheap fix.

That's OK, 99% of the time search doesn't find what you're actually looking for anyway.

Or you find too much...

When we move over to vBulletin 4.0 (Something I am working on now) we will move from the sucky vbulletin search to the Spynx search which is the same engine that AVSforum uses. This should help a lot and also lower system resource use as well. :)

I still blame Dish for the crappy guide. It should be their responsibility to demand a quality product from Tribune, not ours!

in regards to those programs that DO have the correct guide info and the correct air date and the word "New," Dan explained in a past Tech Forum (years ago by now) that too many people were complaining that the DVR was NOT recording new episodes, so Dish altered the software to, in many cases--not all, record repeats even if the timer was set for "New" just to safe that new shows would, indeed, be recorded. Dan said if you get a recording of a repeat, then you are to just go ahead and erase it. This alteration of the software has created a new problem: the high number, at least in my case, of repeat episodes being recorded that should not be, and the time consuming task of skipping timers. Dish should get the software right. 'nuff said.

It would be nice to get a genre included with the info, movies frequently have only title and rating under info. I have also noticed that different movies with the same title will have date and descriptions mixed up. Would be nice if you could edit program info like you can the title.

One of the things that irk me about the guide is that program titles that are long are cut off...you have to try to guess what the end of the title is. Why?

Ghpr13:confused:

Dish should get the software right. 'nuff said.
Hear hear. Or make the default action (record or not) an option. Then, those of us plagued with hundreds of copies of Spongebob without guide info, can pick the "not" option.

I have been getting alot of old programs recorded lately. the other day it just decided to record every episode of Holmes on Homes from like 2005. They had the correct date and everything in the guide. It filled up my dvr and started deleting older shows which i didn't like, but my fault for not protecting.

I have been getting alot of old programs recorded lately.
Never really had that problem. Typically it's shows that have a generic info with a date of the show's original premiere. In these cases it's probably the DVR being safe, as mentioned above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)