Who lost their descriptions on 622 stored events?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
We kept a lot of of Soundstage and Beautiful Noise shows for the past 8 months.

Last week they were all there but all the description info was gone...just the shows were there but nothing else.

Anyone else? We were pretty ticked because since we had so many I deleted them based on the description until I noticed I was deleting ones I wanted to keep. I thought they ran a marathon or something so just kept deleting.

I have seen this happen when I lost contact with the 119 sat and my epg ran out. As soon as I got the epg back, the names for my recordings came back.

Not only have I had this happen but my 622 went into a funk and named everything with the last show I was watching which happened to be "11 o'clock news". The content was recording requests like "30 Rock" and "2 1/2 Men" etc. but the titles were all "11 o'clcok news". I went into edit and changed the titles back. No explanation I know of. Hasn't happened in about 9 months.

This happened to me maybe two weeks ago when there was an "outage" of the 119' satellite. I rebooted the receiver and it tried to download the guide but failed. I suspect that caused the screwup in the recordings list. I don't recall if I was able to fix it or just deleted the shows (it didn't affect all of them, just a few).

I have about 50 episodes of Spongebob recorded for my daughter and about 45 of them all have identical "generic" program descriptions.

...does anyone know how fun it is trying to find the "Snail Race" episode for a 4 year old who is increasingly frustrated with each failed attempt?

Time to wipe the drive of Sponge and perhaps start over. ;)

I have about 50 episodes of Spongebob recorded for my daughter and about 45 of them all have identical "generic" program descriptions.

...does anyone know how fun it is trying to find the "Snail Race" episode for a 4 year old who is increasingly frustrated with each failed attempt?

Here you go:

Amazon.com: SpongeBob SquarePants - The Complete 3rd Season: DVD: Sébastien Desjours,Santiago Ziesmer,Walt Dohrn,Sherm Cohen,Jay Lender,Dan Povenmire,Sam Henderson,Paul Tibbitt,Aaron Springer,C.H. Greenblatt

I feel for you; its common with Nickelodeon. My son records Ned's Declassified and Drake and Josh, and half of the time the EPG just gives the generic description.

BUT I don't let him keep the stuff recorded after he watches it. :)

I have about 50 episodes of Spongebob recorded for my daughter...
That took, what, a day to record all those episodes ?? If the kids ever set a timer for "ALL" for Hannah Montana, Zack and Cody, Spongebob, etc, etc, watch the recordings list grow fast !

That took, what, a day to record all those episodes ?? If the kids ever set a timer for "ALL" for Hannah Montana, Zack and Cody, Spongebob, etc, etc, watch the recordings list grow fast !

CORRECT! :rolleyes:

This is why I think I'll just kill em all and set up a "record all" for a couple of days to refresh the list. :D

I just wasn't sure if the missing program info had anything to do with a problem, or perhaps it is a problem on the part of Nic.

Cheers,
Spence

Re-reading the original post, it sounds like the "title" was still there but the "info" or description was not. That's not what happened to me. My list of recordings had something like "Unknown program" for the title and NO description at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts