Who to contact for Complaint?

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
i was on the phone with a supervisor yesterday regarding ppv coupons and on demand... evidently they are not interchangeable - the supervisor was rude and hung up on me. i called back and they really had no concern about the treatment i received. i have 3 ppv coupons in my account and found out i couldn't use one of them for the on demand movie i purchased. in light of the fact of the way i was treated i felt that the least they could do was waive the fee for the OD movie - it's not the $$, but rather should be a 'good will' display of how to value and treat a customer. i'm a small biz owner and i bend over backwards for my customers. dish's laissez faire really irks ...

i consider myself a good customer - i've been a subscriber with top 250, all HD, locals and Center Ice.

i'd really like to bring this to the attention of those higher up in the organization - any one have any contact info ??

Were you talking to DISH...or to a retailer (who sometimes present themselves as "DISH"...which they aren't supposed to do)? What number did you call?

That e-mail listed in the post above is your best bet. Explain exactly what happened, how the supervisor was rude. Explain how you presented the problem to the supervisor. Be concise but include as much pertinent detail as possible including EXACTLY when the call was made if you can, your full name as it appears on the account and your address.

I am sure your behavior was perfect and you never raised your voice, right? :)

Good luck!
Tony

how is dish laissez faire? the after did not allow you to do as you choose. they had rules regarding the promotion. you chose to do as you wish and not follow the rules presented by the presentation, and when you did not get your way, you complain about it and call refer to dish has having laissez faire practices? if they truely were laissez faire, they would not have rules about the promotion now would they. your actions are actually resemble laissez faire more then dish's.

no where did dish state that the ppv coupon was transferable. you assumed it would be and that they would make an exception for you. if they give you the 5.99 now, then they now know they can count on you to call in and expect money every time you call.

how is dish laissez faire? the after did not allow you to do as you choose. they had rules regarding the promotion. you chose to do as you wish and not follow the rules presented by the presentation, and when you did not get your way, you complain about it and call refer to dish has having laissez faire practices? if they truely were laissez faire, they would not have rules about the promotion now would they. your actions are actually resemble laissez faire more then dish's.

no where did dish state that the ppv coupon was transferable. you assumed it would be and that they would make an exception for you. if they give you the 5.99 now, then they now know they can count on you to call in and expect money every time you call.

Actually - my comment is about their laissez faire attitude towards making a customer happy. whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?

Just how does 'transferable' pertain to anything regarding the coupon? The coupons on my account state Pay Per View. I sat down in front of the tv, scrolled thru the guide, found a movie and ordered it. I see nothing that tells me i could not apply this coupon. In fact, when i looked at my bill again today it actually does state PAY PER VIEW. So i don't believe i was out of line in inquiring as to why i can't apply the coupon (of which i have 3 no less) to this purchase.

The point is this is no way to treat a customer - the impression i was left with was that they could not care less whether i'm with them or not - thus the laissez faire statement.

Thank you to device manager and TNGTony - will contact them via that email - thanks - i appreciate it!

They are not the same

Actually - my comment is about their laissez faire attitude towards making a customer happy. whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?

Just how does 'transferable' pertain to anything regarding the coupon? The coupons on my account state Pay Per View. I sat down in front of the tv, scrolled thru the guide, found a movie and ordered it. I see nothing that tells me i could not apply this coupon. In fact, when i looked at my bill again today it actually does state PAY PER VIEW. So i don't believe i was out of line in inquiring as to why i can't apply the coupon (of which i have 3 no less) to this purchase.

The point is this is no way to treat a customer - the impression i was left with was that they could not care less whether i'm with them or not - thus the laissez faire statement.

Thank you to device manager and TNGTony - will contact them via that email - thanks - i appreciate it!

Sorry that you had the bad experience but On Demand isn't Pay Per View. That is why the coupon wouldn't work. I know this for I have been there & done that. I guess I didn't feel I was mistreated when it happened to me. As it was explained that it was no the same thing. So I don't know how the convo went tween you and them but could be they felt you were a bit rude at the time too.

if you had the "customer is always right attitude" no wonder the manager released the line. you are calling in during the first week of a new promotion period. im sure the managers are busy and when you wouldnt accept their answer, they had to hang up and move on.

the term the "customer is always right" is usually a cover for "give me, even though i am wrong". i would love for someone to show me where it says the customer is always right in the service agreement.

the customer isnt always right. in this case, the customer was clearly wrong. you mistook your ppv coupon as being applicable to any service when it is not.

'the customer is always right' is just representative of how to treat customers. i'm a business owner and i bend over backwards for my customers - and you know what? they appreciate it and my customer service is one thing that keeps them coming back - especially in today's highly competitive market. good relationships are the core of any good business- this in turn spreads as people tell others of the excellent customer service they experienced - or on the other side of the ledger - tell others how they were treated dismissively - and just how is that good for business?

yes customers (and businesses) have misunderstandings all the time. it's how it's handled that i'm concerned with. i'm not saying i'm correct, i was just a bit shocked at the way it was handled - I have wonderful examples of business going out of their way to earn my business and i've become a life-long customer as a result. not to mention a customer who spreads the word on businesses that "get it". Just yesterday i called a company (skinmoni) that i bought a skin from for my Palm Pre and i was so impressed with the quality i had to call and complement them. my only regret, i told them, was that i didn't buy the full skin. you know what they did - they sent me one at a reduced rate! and no, i did not ask. you know what i did, i posted that experience on a forum and have told quite a few people, hoping to drive some business their way. THAT is good business and even better customer service.

anyway...the second supervisor agreed with me that it's confusing and not worded correctly - and that they need to change the wording - the kicker is that my bill reads PAY PER VIEW -

so whatchel1, you did the same thing? at least i'm not alone! :)

When someone throws out the whole "the customer is always right" line, it is a pretty sure bet that they are usually wrong...

I believe in customer service also, and I always like the saying the customer is always right.

The problem, especially with the Cable/Satellite industry is that this saying is really abused by the customer, followed by the threat of cancellation. I can't tell you how many countless service calls I have given to customers, all in the name of customer service that really should be paid for by the customer. The other thing that needs to be looked at is the amount of credits issued to keep people happy.

There is alot of customers out there that work a system and find something to complain about every few months to keep the credits coming.

Look at what Sprint did to customers 3 years ago...
Sprint breaks up with high-maintenance customers | News Blog - CNET News

It just gets to a point with some companies where they have to draw the line in the sand on the types of issues they will take care of.

There is no excuse for rude customer service, but Dish and Directv do try hard to provide good customer service.

I hate the "Customer is always right" saying. There are so many rude customers out there now. They take advantage of this saying. They think they deserve everything for nothing. These types of customers have always been around, but I think it's gotten worse over the last 4 years. In my mind, if a customer wants great service they have to treat the business with respect also. People will go the extra mile for a great customer. Sorry for the rant but I just get tired of idiot people who think they are better than everyone else and should be treated better just because they are louder and threatening. Makes me appreciate our loyal, friendly customers sooo much more.

I hate the "Customer is always right" saying. There are so many rude customers out there now. They take advantage of this saying. They think they deserve everything for nothing. These types of customers have always been around, but I think it's gotten worse over the last 4 years. In my mind, if a customer wants great service they have to treat the business with respect also. People will go the extra mile for a great customer. Sorry for the rant but I just get tired of idiot people who think they are better than everyone else and should be treated better just because they are louder and threatening. Makes me appreciate our loyal, friendly customers sooo much more.

I couldn't agree more! And ain't it also incredible the lengths some of these people will go to for a lousy pay per view coupon or to chisel you out of a dollar or two. Unfortunately, there really are some customers that you're better off without.

I once read a business article about firing customers. It was one of the best articles I've ever read. A business can lose a lot of time and money trying to please these people and that customer will never become a good one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)