Who wants Voom HD Channel's on Dish?

DucTape

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 20, 2005
South Eastern PA.
Seems to me it would be a great move for E to make, I know they are getting the sat and uplink but the content may be up for grabs as well. It failed to do anything but loose money for C but I belive it could make E millions of dollars and happy customers if they were to add they channel lineup as well.

What do you all think.

Sure, but just the condensed version. I don't want all the crap. Put it into a couple of channels similar to HDNET. That way it might be profitable for Comcast, affordable for E*, and attractive for us.

I think that they should do around 10 of the channels, consolidated in some way. The reason I say 10 is that it's a nice big number for people. It would blow away HDnet and INHD. I think that they could still have enough movies channels as well as other programming with that. It's important though for them to have some type of "live" content as well, (boxing, concerts) that they could market as "Only on DishNetwork".

It's important to market them as "exclusives". All the better as a marketing ploy vs. d* and cable providers. All the while they can continue marketing their SD as well.

Here is where I stand

DucTape said:
Seems to me it would be a great move for E to make, I know they are getting the sat and uplink but the content may be up for grabs as well. It failed to do anything but loose money for C but I belive it could make E millions of dollars and happy customers if they were to add they channel lineup as well.

What do you all think.

Right now I have Dish and Voom. Whoever ends up with the most HD content and quality will get my business, that includes, dish, direct tv or cable

Unfortunately we will have to wait months as we wait for the FCC and Justice to approve the sale. It is nice knowing that there will be SOME light at the end of the tunnel bandwidth wise in the midterm.

Drop the VOOM content and add RSN HD sporting events. Cable currently has a huge advantage over satellite when it comes to your local sports teams in HDTV.

Not sure what VOOM offers but I originally was going to go with them until they said I needed a phone line in every receiver in order to even get service. I don't even have a phone line I use VOIP. I would like some movie channels and the news in HDTV, I would also love USA network and Spike in HDTV I love to watch WWE.

The only channel I would ever want from Voom on E* is The Monsters-HD Channel.

I hope not. I don't want to be paying more than the $9.99 if they add all the voom stuff. Maybe make a new $9.99 voom pack and keep them seperate

I'm going to be a new Dish subscriber (formally of Voom), and I most certainly would want as many Voom HD channels as I can get. If I have to pay more, so be it. More HD channels is the reason why I went with Voom in the first place (I absolutely love watching MonsterHD, WorldsportHD, EquatorHD, CinemaxHD, StarzHD, etc).

Yeah I would enjoy allot more HD myself but like many have said, not the crap channels. My wife tells me I have found a new addiction, I say there are allot worse things to be addicted to than HDTV. Now I must re-adjust my eyes so as when I'm not watching in HD,that I don't think there is something wrong with my set or receiver or dvd player. :eek:

I'm hoping they will use there heads on this issue and make more HD available from what they are buying. At this point I'm not concerned with mpeg4 since I don't think we will see much of a difference at the screen, but give us more HD in mpeg2 and that will work for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)