Who Will Own Rainbow-1 after FCC Rules on Sale of Rainbow DBS Licenses?

WJMorales said:
Dude, you sure have a vivid imagination!
Better to possess a vivid imagination than no imagination...and don't call me Dude! Ugh! I was going to share yesterday's FaxUpdate along with a very interesting insider e-mail I just received detailing latebreaking news about meetings between E* and V*...however, you have just motivated me to Log Out and start my spring vacation a few hours early. Have a great week.

riffjim4069 said:
After the dust settles and the FCC has ruled on the sale and transfer of Rainbow DBS licenses to EchoStar, in your opinion: how will the FCC vote, what actions will the parties take, and who will ultimately have ownership of Rainbow-1?

This is typical of the gibberish that has invaded the VOOM forum lately. It makes no difference what my opinion is on a future event. The FCC is a governing body and when they make a decision, they will make it and my "opinion" of what they "will do" is meaningless.

Why Sean and company let this kind of thing take up disk space and bandwidth is beyond me.

My 2 cents

GEBrown said:
This is typical of the gibberish that has invaded the VOOM forum lately. It makes no difference what my opinion is on a future event. The FCC is a governing body and when they make a decision, they will make it and my "opinion" of what they "will do" is meaningless.

Why Sean and company let this kind of thing take up disk space and bandwidth is beyond me.

My 2 cents

Well since we have no news from Voom, all we can do is speculate. As long as opinions are stated as such, what is the harm in posting our opinions on a very important matter? I for one like to read speculation by other people because sometimes they offer a possibility that I had not previously thought of.

GEBrown said:

My 2 cents

Zip it newbie. The OP provides a lot of valuable information. This is a poll thread not a thread releasing new information. Get over it.

Riff you need to chill! If your offend by someone calling you dude, then go hide in some third world hole. If you have some inside information more power to you. If you want to share it with the forum super. Am sure we will all appreciate your post. No one here is going to crawl up in a ball and start crying because you don't post your information. Enjoy your vaction, am guessing you really need it!

hehe, I tend to agree that if just the word DUDE sets you off so bad you really do need your vacation. As far as I know "Dude" has no negative conotations to be upset about. As for the "secret" info, you'll either share it or you wont if you have it. If you have but don't share then so be it, none of us are gonna die over not reading it, but at same time if your punishing the whole forum because of not likeing how 1 person addressed you is that fair either? ;)

Anyway Im sure you earned it so enjoy your vacation, maybe toss us a bone or don't. Thats your choice/call
Cheers

riffjim,

When they upset you, just look at the post count and be glad we are getting new subs. They too will mature in time.

riffjim4069 said:
After the dust settles and the FCC has ruled on the sale and transfer of Rainbow DBS licenses to EchoStar, in your opinion: how will the FCC vote, what actions will the parties take, and who will ultimately have ownership of Rainbow-1?
Emphasis added. Any answer begins with a guess whether the FCC will approve the transfer. But we can eliminate a few 'options' ...
[*]FCC will approve transfer of licenses and EchoStar will take control of Rainbow-1.
Possible, but not popular in this forum. This is the decision now before the FCC.
[*]FCC will deny transfer of licenses and Rainbow-1 will be sold to VOOM HD LLC.
What Cablevision does with their satellite if this deal fails is speculation. Selling to Voom HD LLC would be popular in this forum and an easy way for Cablevision to unload the satellite. But Cablevision try to sell to someone else. In Voom's favor, no one else except E* seems interested in 61.5 .
[*]FCC will approve license transfer, however C. Dolan will breach sale of Rainbow-1, sell it to VOOM HD LLC, and move it to another location.
Sorry. The sale of the licenses and the satellite are one - and it isn't up to C Dolan to breach the contract - that would have to be done by the Cablevision board.
[*]FCC will approve transfer and E* will take ownership of Rainbow-1...however, V* will be permitted to operate on Rainbow-1 through 2006 by agreement between the parties.
Possible. The FCC decision separate from the lease to Voom HD LLC. Other than testing, E* probably won't use R1 until the fall anyways so it is no loss to lease to V* for a limited time.
[*]FCC will approve transfer largely due to a partnership agreement (currently being drafted) allowing V* to use a portion of Rainbow-1 for HD. In exchange, V* will provide E* will HD programming and V* and E* will use a portion of Rainbow-1 for spotbeam HD LIL in the top 30 markets.
Any partnership agreement is speculation at this point - and unless it is filed with the FCC their decision will not be made based on such an agreement. Deadline for oppositions is next Tuesday (I suspect E* will file on the last day). Final deadline for reply comments is the Monday following (April 18th).
[*]FCC will approve the transfer and Rainbow-1 is destroyed by a giant meteor.
Or the FCC denies the transfer and R1 is destroyed by the same meteor cutting Voom subscribers off the air until RainbowDBS/VoomDBS (whomever) leases unused transponders on E3 to get their core channels back on the air. Hey, this IS a speculation thread!
[*]FCC will deny the transfer, but V* goes bust anyway. E* uses pocket change to buy Rainbow-1 in 2007.
Unfortunately that is a possibility, and one of the most harmful to the industry. The only benefit to this possibility is that it gives Voom a chance to fail.

If the FCC approves the transfer any failure of Voom will be blamed on E*. If the FCC doesn't approve the deal then the failure will only be partially blamed on E* (as if not having an offer from E* would make Voom HD LLC's offer be automatically accepted).

I'd like to see this issue end with an agreement, not an argument.

JL

In all honesty I don't see why he even got upset at WJ's post. As far as I can tell no one intentionaly even tried to insult him. Saying he has a vivid imagination is not an insult in any way shape or form in my books. Heck riff thought of some possibilities I hadnt as options like...
"F. FCC will approve the transfer and Rainbow-1 is destroyed by a giant meteor." LOL

To the Forum Members:

I did not mean to insult anyone by calling them dude. I am sorry!!!!

To vurbano :

Not all the members have the time to reach post counts like you. Am sure that members with just one post might have something usefull to contribute. I joined the forum to learn and be taught, not to be the first member to reach a zillion posts. We all enjoy the post, be an opinion or a fact. Try quality over quanity!

WJMorales said:
To the Forum Members:

I did not mean to insult anyone by calling them dude. I am sorry!!!!

To vurbano :

Not all the members have the time to reach post counts like you. Am sure that members with just one post might have something usefull to contribute. I joined the forum to learn and be taught, not to be the first member to reach a zillion posts. We all enjoy the post, be an opinion or a fact. Try quality over quanity!

AMEN :yes

Actually I liked the meteor choice. Its chances of being right are as good as some of the others in my opinion-which I am sure will be dumped on shortly .

WJMorales said:
. I joined the forum to learn and be taught, not to be the first member to reach a zillion posts.

Then I would sit back, zip your lips, listen and learn from Riffjim , theres a lot of learning room there for you. Infact we all could have learned a lot today if YOU hadnt of pissed him off.

WJMorales said:
Dude, you sure have a vivid imagination!
This is quality?

justalurker said:
Emphasis added. Any answer begins with a guess whether the FCC will approve the transfer. But we can eliminate a few 'options' ...Possible, but not popular in this forum. This is the decision now before the FCC.What Cablevision does with their satellite if this deal fails is speculation. Selling to Voom HD LLC would be popular in this forum and an easy way for Cablevision to unload the satellite. But Cablevision try to sell to someone else. In Voom's favor, no one else except E* seems interested in 61.5 .Sorry. The sale of the licenses and the satellite are one - and it isn't up to C Dolan to breach the contract - that would have to be done by the Cablevision board.Possible. The FCC decision separate from the lease to Voom HD LLC. Other than testing, E* probably won't use R1 until the fall anyways so it is no loss to lease to V* for a limited time.Any partnership agreement is speculation at this point - and unless it is filed with the FCC their decision will not be made based on such an agreement. Deadline for oppositions is next Tuesday (I suspect E* will file on the last day). Final deadline for reply comments is the Monday following (April 18th).Or the FCC denies the transfer and R1 is destroyed by the same meteor cutting Voom subscribers off the air until RainbowDBS/VoomDBS (whomever) leases unused transponders on E3 to get their core channels back on the air. Hey, this IS a speculation thread!Unfortunately that is a possibility, and one of the most harmful to the industry. The only benefit to this possibility is that it gives Voom a chance to fail.

If the FCC approves the transfer any failure of Voom will be blamed on E*. If the FCC doesn't approve the deal then the failure will only be partially blamed on E* (as if not having an offer from E* would make Voom HD LLC's offer be automatically accepted).

I'd like to see this issue end with an agreement, not an argument.

JL

Is your task here to nitpik every post? This is a poll for Petes sake. There is only so much clarification possible for poll entries.

Is your task here to nitpik every post?
Are you not doing the same about WJ's innocent comment? WJ didnt mean an insult and even went so far as to post an appology/explaination that no insult was even intended but ppl still beating on him for it, unnessiarily I think. :confused:

As for the poll, I look at it as an exercise in what if's till someone from Voom or FCC or E* make public what info they have. Everyones twiddling their thumbs hoping they will tell us something/anything new infowise. :D

vurbano said:
Is your task here to nitpik every post?
Apparently your 'task' is to nitpick posters. Full quote followed by a one line comment about POSTER and not TOPIC? This is a discussion forum. I'm discussing the topic thank-you-very-much. Lets get back to it, ok?

BTW: 334 records are now shown for IB 05-72, including late filed comments.

JL

bratboy said:
Everyones twiddling their thumbs hoping they will tell us something/anything new infowise. :D

Yup and thanks to someone who I wont mention we wont be getting any info from Riffjim today:rolleyes:

BTW When someone gets upset with being addressed as "dude" I doubt that the appropriate apology begins with "you need to chill":rolleyes:

I voted for the meteor destruction. I think that VOOM and all its assets were cursed by some of the bashers of this forum and AVS :eek: :shocked :D :p

justalurker said:
Lets get back to it, ok?

OK Then

Quote:
[*]FCC will approve license transfer, however C. Dolan will breach sale of Rainbow-1, sell it to VOOM HD LLC, and move it to another location.
Sorry. The sale of the licenses and the satellite are one - and it isn't up to C Dolan to breach the contract - that would have to be done by the Cablevision board.

I think that your misinterpretation of this option laughable. We all know that "cablevision" would have to cause the breach because they are the party to the contract. How stupid do you think everyone is here? Dolan with his board reshuffling could very well be the cause of such an event. SO based on using the name Dolan instead of Cablevision you dismiss this option? :rolleyes:

Vurbano,

I think you both need a diaper change. If Riff has something to post, then it should not be based on me calling him dude. My boos just called me dude, let me go clean myself. Your Zip you lips comments was real cute. Just goes to show your character. Have nothing more to say, I think all the members know now who has realiable & usefull information. In my book both of you are just full of hot air. You need to zip it and step up to the plate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)